Alright, well since I can't seem to be able to sell it, I've been looking into doing some mods to my MT-2 to at least make it useable for something.

Has anyone had any experience with a Monte Allums modded one? The kits from him are really cheap ($20-28) and after talking to a few people who've tried the Keeley modded ones and others, they've told me the Monte Allums one was the best. However, I've only talked to them a few times so I'd like some opinions from other people.

Any other good mods you guys have tried and liked?

Thanks!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Well I really don't mine spending $20-30, that's not much, and if it'll make it sound way better, then it'd deffinately be worth it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by forsaknazrael
Not considering just going with just the Keeyley and etc. mods I listed?

lol, well the first link makes me log in and i'm too lazy to make an account

Looked at the other ones, they seem pretty cool, but just tryin to get as much opinions as I can ya know?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yeah.

Didn't realize it asked you to log in. Don't worry, not much info, just some extra stuff:
There are a lot of tones you can get out of the MT2. I have a couple mods on them.
-
Try changing out the clipping diodes. I like Swapping D3 and D4 out with LEDs or a combination of and LED and a 1n4001. You can smooth it out and shave some of the highs out by dropping small caps (0.001uf-0.002uf) in there. If you leave those spots open you will have an insane ammount of gain.
-
Messing around with C36 will give you more tone control. play around with 0.1uf-0.5uf.
-
If you want a nasty ammount of distortion, dry dropping R41 to 440 ohms. That is what I use on the one on my board and it will melt your eyebrows off. I don't use my metal zone that much anymore but I used to play a schecter 38 special into that with an old Bassman 100 out to a 2x15 bassman cab and a 2x12 marshall cab and it was nothing short of balls to the wall nasty hard rock tone.
Nice!

I might have to try some of those before I do anything
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com