hey everyone i know says that the edge lll's are crap but what if your not that big a trem user but would liek a floyd is it still not worth it? or what are soem other guitars with the smae specs one better trem in that price range? thanks
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich
if you're not a big trem user then a floyd rose is really just a worthless hassle
Send me off to bed forevermore.
If you are a rarely use the trem, I would perhaps recommend a fender style one and get it set up to float.

and also perhaps add a graph tech nut and locking tuners.
yeahbut i want to use the trem abit (im new to them i tried one once and it was a bit hard) but anyways yeah i want to get one to learn and junk but yeah if i got this would it be good?
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich
I've never owned a guitar with an edge III

But according to every site i've ever read on NO one likes them. I hear complaints of them wearing out and breaking and failing more then any trem.
Dont ever buy a guitar with an Edge 3. Ive owned one.
It ****ing sucks monkey balls!
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
it could work for some time if you don´t use it a lot, but you have to lub the knife edges, get it parallel to the body
the complete setup every string change if you want it to work for a long time
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
Quote by RatmN'Roses
if you're not a big trem user then a floyd rose is really just a worthless hassle

agreed. if you don't use a trem much, unless you already have about 7 or 8 guitars (and if you do, you can afford one with a good floyd), i'd not bother with a floyd to be honest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
First Let Me Assure You That There Is Nothing Wrong With The Edge 3, If It Is Set-up Properly. I Set-up And Repair Prs, Taylor & Ibanez Guitar´s Professionally. My Son Has An Rg350ex And It Is A Fantastic Guitar For What Little It Cost´s.

My Gear:
Rg 530 (1985)
Rg 1550 (2002)
Prs Satin Trem (2007)
Gibson Es 125 (1957)
Fender Deluxe Reverb (1980) With A 4 X 12
Art Ecc
Line 6 Pod Xt Live
Weeping Demon
And A Bunch Of Stomp Boxes
One Day A T5 Custom
Quote by sstony
First Let Me Assure You That There Is Nothing Wrong With The Edge 3, If It Is Set-up Properly. I Set-up And Repair Prs, Taylor & Ibanez Guitar´s Professionally. My Son Has An Rg350ex And It Is A Fantastic Guitar For What Little It Cost´s.

Good for your son .

When it comes to this model in general, tho, its a different story. Ive owned one and it sucked. Lots of people have had trouble with their edge 3.
if some1 catches a rare good one, thats great for them but it still isnt a good reason to settle for a guitar that sucks 99% of the time.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Yeah I think Ibanez has some work to do on their trems in the lower range of guitars.
Yeah the Wilkinsons are beautiful trems

If you have a good quality nut the guitar will stay in tune really well and you won't lose tone like on a double locking guitar
Quote by which ones pink
I would get something with a Wilkinson if you want a floating trem but don't use it enough to warrant the hassle of a Floyd.

good call.

Quote by Silky Smooth
Yeah the Wilkinsons are beautiful trems

If you have a good quality nut the guitar will stay in tune really well and you won't lose tone like on a double locking guitar

floyds sound different... i wouldn't necessarily say they sound bad, especially if you have a "good" floyd with a brass (or steel etc.) sustain block.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh yeah not at all

The thing about a floyd is they always sound a bit more metallic since the strings are stopped at the nut which is steel and at the bridge which is steel.

Locking tuners change the tone of the guitar too, that extra mass of steel at the headstock makes quite a difference. Thats why I always thought the wilkinson was the best non locking trem thats out there. You can get pretty abusive with it too and it'll return to pitch.. that is as long as you have a graphite nut or something like that.
yep, that's possible. to me, floyds actually sound a little softer too- though maybe that's the brass sustain block adding a little warmth or something.

i just don't like people saying, "avoid floyds, they suck tone", as more often than not the person saying to do so has only tried a cheapo licensed one. bit like saying "avoid strats" if you've only tried a (non-MIJ) squier.

Obviously you weren't doing that though.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah if you have a really good one with a good block it should sustain just as well

The one thing that really irritates me is i've lost the little saddle blocks in the floyd so many times!

Haha i've had to buy at least 5 replacements for losing them
ah, yeah, that would indeed suck.

i've been lucky so far. no idea how, as you'd think it'd be one of those "bound to happen sooner or later" things...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?