yeah that is confusing as hell

sorry cant help ya much

not to insult your musical tastes or what you want to do

but dont learn or try and learn that

it completely destroys any type of theory or senseful writing, youd be much better off learning some none death metal solos, like speed or power metal, they will help you much more in the long run, that just quick random diminished and chromatic patterns

and plus if you plan on writing death metal, tthat speedier and more technical stuff will help a lot too

[damn that solo sucked compared to a lot of their stuff =p]
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Quote by envoykrawkwar7
yeah that is confusing as hell

sorry cant help ya much

not to insult your musical tastes or what you want to do

but dont learn or try and learn that

it completely destroys any type of theory or senseful writing, youd be much better off learning some none death metal solos

Ever heard of Death? Cynic? Atheist? Please explain how death metal solo's ruin 'any type of theory of sense full writing'
Quote by Aaron_C
Ever heard of Death? Cynic? Atheist? Please explain how death metal solo's ruin 'any type of theory of sense full writing'

sorry let me reexplain that

death metal solos like that
i see them all too often

although points on teh good mentions

its just all the bands from today that are like, oh look we play fast and it sounds dissonant, we r teh br00tals, yeah
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Quote by envoykrawkwar7
sorry let me reexplain that

death metal solos like that
i see them all too often

although points on teh good mentions

its just all the bands from today that are like, oh look we play fast and it sounds dissonant, we r teh br00tals, yeah

I agree so much with you, and wish more people did.

Mainly because I'm not too into screaming all the way through songs, but when I find it really fits I do like it.

But often one or two of my friends, and my younger brother say rather than focus on the vocals to listen to the music and enjoy that. But I always get bored, especially with how the solos are just randomly improvised in dissonant keys and bear no key-relation to the actual backing to the solo...not that that isn't atonal or heavily chromatic at least.
I see what you guys are saying. But the death metal I would want to make would be stuff like Death, Morbid Angel, OLD Cannibal Corpse, Nile, etc