Okay, so I can get a "tone-like" sound when trying to pinch, but i cant get that "squealy" sound.

Im on my hottest pickup, gain all the way up, heavy distortion, I have tried moving around the pickup, but i just cant get it.

Help = appreciated.
- Hold pick, a bit closer to the edge of the pick than normal.
- strike the string and pass your thumb along the string and move your thumb away (must do this quick to achieve pinch)
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
By squealing I think you mean hitting the harmonic then rapidly bending the string up and down? Also it does take a while to be able to hit them cleanly so dont worry, just keep practising!
Ibanez RG350DX - ESP LTD EC-500

Peavey JSX 212 Combo - Digitech RP 250
I had the hardest time figuring these out until one person told me to let the string bounce off my thumb as pick pressure is released from the string. I hit it every time now. I can now squeal like a fat chick in a donut shop.
Quote by Starchild_ex4
I had the hardest time figuring these out until one person told me to let the string bounce off my thumb as pick pressure is released from the string. I hit it every time now. I can now squeal like a fat chick in a donut shop.

+1

when i first started playing, I kept doing it by accident. Because I hold the pick awkwardly... Seems it was an accident towards my advancement.
Also experiment with picking not only around the pickup, but spots along the string from bridge to the neck pickup... different tones and effects can be achieved by many different spots... Also you have to note that when you're fretting, you are changing the harmonic points of the string , so picking will be more effective at certain spots depending on which string, and which frets you play at..
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator