Wats up guys, Im kind of new to the forum (looked at a couple threads and i love the review section) Ive recently picked up guitar after about a 7 year hiatus and have decide i need some new gear.

Im looking to pick up a new guitar and amp all for around $800 and was hoping to get some suggestions. As far as guitars Im looking for something with dual humbuckers that will be good at classic rock, blues, and hard rock. As far as a new amp goes I want a tube amp, 15 wats would be nice, good cleans and Im not worried about distortion because I can always pick up a pedal later.

some guitars I was looking at are:

Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Agile AL3000
Epiphone Limited Edition 1966 G-400
Washinburn WI 64TR
Cort M600

and amps:
Fender Blues Junior Combo
Epiphone Valve Junior Half Stack Peavey ValveKing 112
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Vox Custom Classic AC15CC1

Thanks in advance, I will be heading to my local shop and to guitar center in the next town soon to try out new gear. Sorry my post is so long.
Agile + Vox
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
dont get an epiphone go big or go home. go all the way get the gibson. blues jr sounds like heaven, the vox has the more fuzz rock feel. vox if you want fuzz blues if you want the clean.
Gear :
Gibson signature
CryBaby
Marshall MDX 250
Quote by alekaka
dont get an epiphone go big or go home. go all the way get the gibson. blues jr sounds like heaven, the vox has the more fuzz rock feel. vox if you want fuzz blues if you want the clean.

I would love to get a Gibson, but my $800 budget won't cut it
Quote by alekaka

Not all of us have thousands of dollars laying around to be spent on a guitar, and Epiphone guitars aren't bad at all.

Guitar: Agile AL-2500
http://www.rondomusic.com/al2500tribalgreen.html

Amp:Crate V32 or V16 Palomino

V32
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-v32-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=487828

V16
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-v16-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=487826

If you get the V16, you might have enough money to buy a nice bridge pup for the guitar.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Mar 1, 2008,
arent those amps a little out of reach then?
Gear :
Gibson signature
CryBaby
Marshall MDX 250
as far as guitars go what do you want to sound like krazy grape?
Gear :
Gibson signature
CryBaby
Marshall MDX 250
Quote by alekaka
arent those amps a little out of reach then?

Most of those amps are under $500 except the Fender Hot Rod. Im willing to go a littel over, maybe up to $1,000 but I prefer to keep it around $800.

Quote by alekaka
as far as guitars go what do you want to sound like krazy grape?

I want a good warm tone, something like the tone B.B. King gets or Albert King