I'll start with a little rant. It will be short, mind you.

****ty strap. Concrete floor. Beloved guitar. You get the idea? I almost cried. Now for my stupidity I am awarded with a big ass dent in satin finish. My poor baby...

Kids, when G.I Joe says that you need straplocks: listen to him. JUST LISTEN TO HIM.
/rant

So... what are some good straplocks for a reasonable price?
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
you should get the dunlop straplock, dont ever let this happen to your guitar man!
Quote by deelaz
you should get the dunlop straplock, dont ever let this happen to your guitar man!

I think they got dunlops in the local store, so I might check them out...

And yeah, I learned my lesson, never again
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
I forget the kind that I got, but they were the kind that replaces your guitar's strap knobs with special ones that clips can lock into (the clips came in another strap, but I took them out and put them in mine.)

These ones work amazingly well.
Thanks everybody for the help
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
What is it with straps coming off of guitars now-a-days? I played many gigs with my Tele back in the '60's, and never once had one come off, nor did I hear of any from the other guys I played with. Now, I bought a new VG Strat a few weeks ago, and the back one came off twice. Fortunately, I caught my new baby before suffering the same fate as Worhans. The first time I thought it was a fluke, but when it came off the second time, I knew there was a problem. I then went out to my shop and found two appropriately sized washers and now the strap is secure.

Is it the cheapo straps or the hardware on the guitars that are different?
Maybe todays guitar manufacturers have a secret deal with strap lock manufacturers ? :P
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
DONT buy dunlop strap locks I have had a bad experience wit them. Get Schallers. The dunlops
the schallers design is far superior the way they work is this way. This part that is on the guitar strap is U and the part on the guitar is a 0 so even if the the spring or something in the schallers work they would still not fall and will stil be extremely safe. but if dunlops are like
===} so if they fail the guitar goes crashing down.
Guitars
Squire Strat
1959 Gibson HummingBird Acoustic
1999 Gibson SongBird Acoustic
Pedals
Bad Monkey
Line 6 Pocket Pod
JH-1 Wah (Jimi Hendrix Sig Wah)
Amp
All Tube Marshall JTM-30
i got i think the dunlop ones i can check the package if ya want but you install a new clip and you put buttons through the strap and they lock together and yuo needa firmly press the button in to take the strap off.

when i first got my G-400 it consistently fell from the strap, and with it being neck heavy..... not a good combination. bought some straplocks the day i bought the strap for it and ive never had that problem since.
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Quote by Worhan
Maybe todays guitar manufacturers have a secret deal with strap lock manufacturers ? :P

I wouldn't be surprised....