Now, as we all know, Garfield in its current form, well, really sucks. It's unfunny, it's boring, it just sucks.

Thus, it reaches the level of bad-ness in that ANY changes you make to it improves it in some way.

So, Pit, this is a challenge. I've seen on other sites how people have made Garfield funny (removing Garfield's dialouge, removing Garfield entirely, throwing panels together at random, cutting off the third panel, even replacing Jon with Conan the Barbarian), but now YOU must try as well.

I'm honestly quite afraid of what you'll come up with....

Best of luck to you all. Surprise me.

Sites for reference:
http://www.truthandbeautybombs.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4997&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
http://www.dougshaw.com/garfield.html
http://garfieldminusgarfield.tumblr.com/
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
The only way to make Garfield funny is to make use of internet cat jokes, i.e. Long Cat, etc.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
He's loves Lasagna.....and he's A CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can you not see the humor?!

You know, cats don't eat much Lasagna in reality.
Garfield > TS.

To each their own.

Posting a thread claiming he is not funny is silly...if you don't like it don't read it :S

Anyway, free speech I guess.
I like Garfield Minus Garfield the best -- take out Garfield. I am not a man who hates on Garfield, but GmG makes the strip at least 4 times funnier.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
I like Garfield Minus Garfield the best -- take out Garfield. I am not a man who hates on Garfield, but GmG makes the strip at least 4 times funnier.

Honestly, that's more like how I feel on the matter.

I dunno, it's just that Garfield is SO CLOSE to being absolutely brilliant again (though, granted, in a different sense than it was in the old days), but instead just wallows in its own mediocrity........it sucks, yet it was so great before.....probably because Davis doesn't actually write it anymore...

But yeah, so, make Garfield funny-ER, then....however you want it to be said.

I just figure the Pit is twisted enough to come up with something absolutely mind-blowing.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay

I can't take credit, but I thought it was funny
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
You know, Garfield is one of the most famous comic strips in the UK. I'd imagine they were doing something right.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
^ Irrelevant but 50 cent sold millions of records worldwide. He must have done something right...
My Spanish Hearts
^You're an idiot if you're comparing Garfield to 50 Cent.

Why even mention such a fool on UG.
Quote by rx_eb
^ Irrelevant but 50 cent sold millions of records worldwide. He must have done something right...

he did do something right, same with kelly clarkson, fergie, etc. etc. etc.

its hard to compare media puppets to Garfield which set out to make people laugh and thats all it ever did
Not mine, but:

█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
Ok, So the comics are pretty good, the cartoon was JUST bearable & the movie was just f*ckin sh*t!!!!................. Agree?!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
You know, Garfield is one of the most famous comic strips in the UK. I'd imagine they were doing something right.

It's surely the Daily Mail's trump card.
Quote by gunners fan
Ok, So the comics are pretty good, the cartoon was JUST bearable & the movie was just f*ckin sh*t!!!!................. Agree?!

yeah. the comics are great. i hated the cartoon, and the movie was laughable, but not in the good way.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by tands
he did do something right, same with kelly clarkson, fergie, etc. etc. etc.
its hard to compare media puppets to Garfield which set out to make people laugh and thats all it ever did

What? sleeping with the owner of a record company? Face it, thats the only way Kelly Clarkson, Fergie & 50 cent could ever get a record deal!!! & as for their record sales 7-10 year olds still need something to listen to!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
What? sleeping with the owner of a record company? Face it, thats the only way Kelly Clarkson, Fergie & 50 cent could ever get a record deal!!! & as for their record sales 7-10 year olds still need something to listen to!

I'm... pretty sure you're wrong about everything you said, there.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by BigFatSandwich
I'm... pretty sure you're wrong about everything you said, there.

Yeah you're probley right but you have a Mazda badge as you avatar so your comment doesnt count! lol
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by Mr Montana
Garfield > TS.

To each their own.

Posting a thread claiming he is not funny is silly...if you don't like it don't read it :S

Anyway, free speech I guess.

Couldn't you have not read this thread? Garfield sucks.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by rx_eb

Maybe a better example would be Little Britain or Catherine Tate?

There are actually people out there who find them funny. Just like there's people out there who find Garfield funny.
Quote by gunners fan

Nope, they're actually good musicians.

Just because you don't like them doesn't make them suck.

And you're an idiot for thinking it does.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Nope, they're actually good musicians.

Just because you don't like them doesn't make them suck.

And you're an idiot for thinking it does.
Who are you trying to convince? Him or you? Everyone in the world knows that when someone says something sucks, they're expressing an opinion. The term sucks is short hand for, "I don't like it." So, why must you people always point out that these things aren't fact if you know they're not facts?

..But I'm biased, because I think they suck, too. Damn Fergie.. ruin my Black Eyed Peas.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by gunners fan
Yeah you're probley right but you have a Mazda badge as you avatar so your comment doesnt count! lol

haha drive and/or own an RX-8, and you will understand.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Who are you trying to convince? Him or you? Everyone in the world knows that when someone says something sucks, they're expressing an opinion. The term sucks is short hand for, "I don't like it." So, why must you people always point out that these things aren't fact if you know they're not facts?

..But I'm biased, because I think they suck, too. Damn Fergie.. ruin my Black Eyed Peas.

All I'm saying is, they have talent, so who is he to say they don't have talent?

I have no problem with people having opinions, but when they state theirs as fact I get pissed off.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Jack Off Jill

+1
Quote by Spoony_Bard
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']All I'm saying is, they have talent, so who is he to say they don't have talent?

I have no problem with people having opinions, but when they state theirs as fact I get pissed off.
But that's my point. You know they're not facts, so why do you care? You know he's not saying that no one likes them. He's saying they're lame. Talented people can be lame. Andy Warhol was talented, but he was a lame guy. And he was creepy. But maybe that's just because I associate him with George McFly from Back to the Future, because of the Doors movie. But I'm kinda losing track of what I'm saying. Anyway.. Sure, the man's a good painter, but seriously.. Painting soup cans is lame.

I'm not with Huffy this time.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

I'm not with Huffy this time.

Could this mean the end for us, Jack Off Jill?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Could this mean the end for us, Jack Off Jill?
No way, buddy. No way.

...Anyway, I hate most comic strips I've seen lately. Especially that Mutts. Mutts sucks ass. I kinda like Pearls Before Swine, but it used to really suck. And I like Zits. And Baby Blues. And umm.. Lucky Cow is funny sometimes.
Quote by vintage x metal

seeing how no one has done anything but argue about todays media, i thought i'd give it a try...

random and stupid
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.