Page 1 of 2
Hello Pit! How is it going? How's the wife and kids?

How am I you ask?

Well, I've had a predicament lately. I have gut flab. It's round, and when I sit down, it becomes more noticable. I considered changing my diet, and that for the most part is out of the question. I think I'm going to stop eating ice cream everyday. I eat lunch at school, so I can't change that, and I eat what my mother cooks for dinner, so that stays too. But, What shall I eat for breakfast?

And, What is the most effective excercise for abs and "love handles"? What time do I do it at? Reps/sets?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
go to the gym and stop eating high calorie food?
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
Everyone has a little bit on their tummy- it's to protect your vital organs. Just do some sit-ups and some jogging every day and eat a healthy, balanced diet and you'll be fine. It's not as hard as it seems and it's just great for your wellbeing
Sit-ups and crunches will take care of that.
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
Cut out soft drinks, that can help quite a bit. Drink water instead. Doing sit-ups will not get rid of your belly fat, however they will make your abs more defined so it can make you look better. If you can't diet then go out jogging, it will really help. Cardio excersize is pretty much the best way to lose weight.
Quote by blynd_snyper
Cut out soft drinks, that can help quite a bit. Drink water instead. Doing sit-ups will not get rid of your belly fat, however they will make your abs more defined so it can make you look better. If you can't diet then go out jogging, it will really help. Cardio excersize is pretty much the best way to lose weight.

Jogging is a little time consuming for me, and a little crazy seeing the temperatures outside right now. How are stationary bikes? I could get one and ride it for an hour while watching TV or something.

But, I should really stop drinking soda altogether. I get addicted really easy to soda, I get headaches if I don't drink it. I have to quit soda once about every couple of months, because I start with one a day, but it keeps escalating until I have to have 4 a day or I get a headache, and then I go "cold turkey". It's rather annoying.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Well as far as cardio, treadmills are the best option b.c. they're not 'self-propelled'. As in, if you use a stationary bike, you're not really working to lose weight because as you get more tired, you slow down. You burn calories when your heart rate is constant. Treadmills keep going at a constant rate.
♥xx♥

[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]Well as far as cardio, treadmills are the best option b.c. they're not 'self-propelled'. As in, if you use a stationary bike, you're not really working to lose weight because as you get more tired, you slow down. You burn calories when your heart rate is constant. Treadmills keep going at a constant rate.
What she said.

Get a treadmill instead of a bike.
[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]Well as far as cardio, treadmills are the best option b.c. they're not 'self-propelled'. As in, if you use a stationary bike, you're not really working to lose weight because as you get more tired, you slow down. You burn calories when your heart rate is constant. Treadmills keep going at a constant rate.
Ok. The only issue I may run into is securing myself a treadmill. Those are usually pretty pricey, whereas I could probably find a stationary bike for $10 at a yard sale.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
Ok. The only issue I may run into is securing myself a treadmill. Those are usually pretty pricey, whereas I could probably find a stationary bike for $10 at a yard sale.

If that's the case then just get a bike. It's better than not doing any excersize.
Quote by blynd_snyper
If that's the case then just get a bike. It's better than not doing any excersize.

Ok, I'll still try to find a treadmill instead though. What time is the best time to do this at for the best results?
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob

Well if you really want to lose that weight fast, then shell out that money.
Comparing prices on the internet works wonders
♥xx♥

Quote by CORT noob
Ok, I'll still try to find a treadmill instead though. What time is the best time to do this at for the best results?

Well when I used to go jogging (can't be arsed now) I used to go in the mornings or evenings, I didn't really have time in the day.
Quote by CORT noob

Whenever you have time
Also, try to make a conscious effort to kick that soda habit. Also adjust your diet accordingly.
♥xx♥

[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]Whenever you have time
Also, try to make a conscious effort to kick that soda habit. Also adjust your diet accordingly.
No more soda... right now!

And I'll start eating fruit when I feel like having a snack instead of cookies or chips. But, for lunch everyday I eat a piece of pizza on wheat crust, a thing of milk, a small thing of grape juice, and a piece of bread. That's not too unhealthy is it?
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
No more soda... right now!

And I'll start eating fruit when I feel like having a snack instead of cookies or chips. But, for lunch everyday I eat a piece of pizza on wheat crust, a thing of milk, a small thing of grape juice, and a piece of bread. That's not too unhealthy is it?

Pleh, pizza is bad. The wheat crust makes up for it though. No on the extra piece of bread though, might be too many carbs. If you really need it, make sure it's like whole wheat.
♥xx♥

[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]Pleh, pizza is bad. The wheat crust makes up for it though. No on the extra piece of bread though, might be too many carbs. If you really need it, make sure it's like whole wheat.
It is.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

This annoys me. I have nothing against overweight people whatsoever, its their typical mentality I don't get. "Oooh I'm fat what can I do?" How about not eating **** loads and getting some exercise. Its not rocket science - If you burn more calories than you consume you'll lose weight.
Now suck it up and go for a 20min run at least three times a week. It is best to run in the morning. Make you you eat sensibly too. Eventually you want to be running for 40mins per session, so work up to it over time (roughly 600 calories are burnt for every hour of jogging).
I suspect you are savvy to all of the above but were looking for an easier alternative. Well, there isn't one. It will be hard.
PS - all that advice about doing sit-ups and crunches is bull. Yes, it will develop you abs, but you'll still have a layer of fat hiding them. Cardio is the only way.
Last edited by mrjarvie at Mar 1, 2008,
Quote by vicd08
Sit-ups and crunches will take care of that.

no they won't. sit ups and crunchies don't get rid of the fat, they just build up the muscles behind it, which forces the fat outwards further and makes you look worse

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

Quote by Giant Tool
no they won't. sit ups and crunchies don't get rid of the fat, they just build up the muscles behind it, which forces the fat outwards further and makes you look worse

I just said that
Quote by mrjarvie
This annoys me. I have nothing against overweight people whatsoever, its their typical mentality I don't get. "Oooh I'm fat what can I do?" How about not eating **** loads and getting some exercise. Its not rocket science - If you burn more calories than you consume you'll lose weight.
Now suck it up and go for a 20min run at least three times a week. It is best to run in the morning. Make you you eat sensibly too. Eventually you want to be running for 40mins per session, so work up to it over time (roughly 600 calories are burnt for every hour of jogging).
I suspect you are savvy to all of the above but were looking for an easier alternative. Well, there isn't one. It's will be hard.
PS - all that advice about doing sit-ups and crunches is bull. Yes, it will develop you abs, but you'll still have a layer of fat hiding them. Cardio is the only way.

I don't eat "**** loads" and it's really hard to excercise with school in my way. So, you could stop being a dick. I'm not looking for an easy way out, I'm just looking or something time effective.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by sugar_daddy

+1
CHOP IT!
BITCH, IMA LEAD FARMER

Read 'Em =]
-----------------------------------
[thread="1177989"]Unwanted[/thread]
[thread="1179087"]Rude Awakening[/thread]
Lettuce sandwhiches.

Best food ever.

I too have been trying to work in exercise everyday. I used to jog for about an hour, and now I'm trying to get into the habit of walking 3 and a half miles to meet my sister when she finishes work, and then walk her back home.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Giant Tool

However muscle speeds up your metabolism, so do crunches/sit ups and cardio.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Don't[It's Alex] said) then if you wanna get a six pack do situps, crunches etc
For best results stick to crunches, 'cos when you do a full sit up (sit up all the way) you use your quads to pull yourself up after a certain point.

EDIT: maybe i should of read the whole thread first..
Oh well.. I said it too
swimming is the best thing you can do
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by CORT noob
I don't eat "**** loads" and it's really hard to excercise with school in my way. So, you could stop being a dick. I'm not looking for an easy way out, I'm just looking or something time effective.

It isn't that hard with school, I ran every day while I was in school. Just come home, change, run for 45 minutes to an hour, then continue with your day. Anything cardio is the best you can do to get rid of that fat.
Quote by ckellingc
puffycow, you rock

Quote by Krieg Commando
Puffycow, you've got mojo

touch me
Ab excercises are pointless for getting rid of flab.

You need to do cardio shizzle.
You should have posted this in the Bodybuilding and General Nutrition thread..... but anyways.

"The six pack is made in the kitchen" Everybody has a six pack, but unless you have really low bodyfat (BF) you'll never see it. Diet, diet, diet...

Doing 10000 crunches a day is gay, gives you AIDS and a bad back...

So, 1. Sort your diet. No soda, no junk food, no chips. Plenty of healthy foods, low GI carbs, green veg, some fruit and lean meats. No white bread, white pasta or white rice as these are poor quality carbs. Eat whole foods, whole grain and wholemeal bread and pasta etc.

Eat a few hundred calories below you BMR:

What's my BMR???

2. Exercises. Ok you need 30 - 60 minutes of cardio a day to get that fat a burnin'. Google Tabata Intervals and HIIT.

ABs specific, look at weighted crunches, leg cycles, leg raises, V-ups etc. Do a max of 3 x 20 reps for any of these, if you can do more reps you need to add weight. Do this EVERY OTHER DAY, as your body needs time to recover.

SH
Quote by SmellyHarold
You should have posted this in the Bodybuilding and General Nutrition thread..... but anyways.

"The six pack is made in the kitchen" Everybody has a six pack, but unless you have really low bodyfat (BF) you'll never see it. Diet, diet, diet...

Doing 10000 crunches a day is gay, gives you AIDS and a bad back...

So, 1. Sort your diet. No soda, no junk food, no chips. Plenty of healthy foods, low GI carbs, green veg, some fruit and lean meats. No white bread, white pasta or white rice as these are poor quality carbs. Eat whole foods, whole grain and wholemeal bread and pasta etc.

Eat a few hundred calories below you BMR:

What's my BMR???

2. Exercises. Ok you need 30 - 60 minutes of cardio a day to get that fat a burnin'. Google Tabata Intervals and HIIT.

ABs specific, look at weighted crunches, leg cycles, leg raises, V-ups etc. Do a max of 3 x 20 reps for any of these, if you can do more reps you need to add weight. Do this EVERY OTHER DAY, as your body needs time to recover.

SH

Well said.

I will add this: sit ups and crunches won't help you lose fat (short term, lean muscle burns more calories) but if you don't have particularly good abs under the fat doing a little bit of Ab work as part of your other exercises will help to shape the fat you have better so it'll look less like a belly.
at what point does gut flab become excess gut flab?
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
Don't get a treadmill. Just run outside. Be sure to stretch before and after though in order to avoid pulls and sore muscles.
hold on, i can't beleive no one asked this, how much weight are you trying to lose
Quote by RPGoof
I feel dirty just reading that word. Grindcore... EW... I need a shower

Quote by stratkat
music is my meth equivalent
Quote by RidicuLousbass
hold on, i can't beleive no one asked this, how much weight are you trying to lose

I don't care about weight.

Anyways, thank you all the people above me for all the help! I couldn't find the Bodybuilding thread, probably because I searched Body Building instead.

And, to the person who said run outside, it is currently winter, around 10 degrees with strong winds.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Page 1 of 2