Ok so i've just replaced the strings on my Jackson PS4, and i wound too much on the tuners so now the floyd rose is pulled up a bittt too much. Downside, looks really weird...and yes i realize im gonna have to get less stringage on my tuners, already did it with my low e and it went down a bit so yeah...now the thing is i've had this nasty fret buzz on the third fret of my guitar for quite a while... and now with the floyd rose a little bent up the action has been temporarily raised and no buzz! so how do i fix both problems, the 3rd fret buzz and the floyd rose at the same time without bringing back the old problem?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
yeah thats what i say...this is why im saving up for a new guitar....
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
if your floyd pulls up towards the strings you tighten the screws in the back of the guitar. Only go a quarter turn at a time.
Yer turn spring claw screw's
My Stuff:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson straps
Dunlop straplok
Planet wave cables
Zoom multi effects
turned to the max...got 4 tremolo springs installed...
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Quote by aaron00lee
yeah thats what i say...this is why im saving up for a new guitar....

I'd save up for a new amp, personally. You REALLY need one.

And secondly, regarding your first post: You need to tighten the screws for the springs pulling on the bridge. Turn them bit by bit, and check the level of the bridge before turning again (quarter or half turns should be fine until you get close to zero-point, then adjust with very slight turns.

If you have fret buzz, you can vastly improve it without even raising the action by putting on a new set of strings and cleaning the frets and fretboard. If, as I suspect, your action is so low that the strings are buzzing for the reason of low action then you need to raise the action a little bit at a time.

Edit:
Quote by aaron00lee
turned to the max...got 4 tremolo springs installed...

Fit a 5th spring? Also, what gauge strings are you using and what tuning is the guitar in?
put a fifth spring in
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Hmm smart idea...Dan shreds...also late biscuit...im usin a 012 gauge...im messin around with different gauges to see what i like...and the reason im not getting an amp is cuz i live and buying one here would be wayyy more than they're worth and bringing one from america would be suicide...besides im already getting a new guitar when i come back after my trip to america this summer so no extra space
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Oh right. Flippin 'eck, .012 gauge?! That's very heavy!!

Try a lighter gauge of string? With a locking/floating tremolo you DEFINITELY need a 5th spring to play it in standard tuning... .012 might suit you if you were playing in something like Drop A without a 7th string, but christ...I suggest you try fitting some .010s or at least .011s, I hate to think how it's affecting your neck/truss rod.

On the plus side, I'm impressed you play with such a heavy string gauge, it takes a long time to get suited to such thick strings...would kill the fingers on most guitarists!