I heard a buckethead song Jordan somethingarather, for the first time the otherday, and i was extremely impressed. Which is the best album (or one of them) so i can go out and buy it?

Thanks
It depends what you are looking for. Buckethead's music is VERY diverse. He plays everything from country, soft rock, grindcore, shred, etc.

Best album is all personal preference, though if you say what kind of music by him you want, it may be easier to make you a reccomendation.
I really love that song Soothsayer, its one of the best ive heard, if he has any albums full of songs like that, that would be great. Its just awesome, cant believe ive never heard of this guy before. So many years wasted listening to metallica!! Naa, but yeah hes pro
Soothsayer is more laid back, but it's got an insane solo...

Electric Tears is a very laid back album, but it doesn't have the massive shredding that soothsayer does.

I believe that Colma is supposed to be somewhat relaxed too, but I haven't listened to that album.
Try "Enter the Chicken" nearly all the songs have vocals on them and it's got Nottingham Lace, if you want an easy way of getting into Buckethead; that's probably it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I would say he doesn't have a best, but two or three are essentials:
Giant Robot; a classic, and really sets the tone for whats to come. It has it's weak spots, but Welcome to Bucketheadland, Last Train to Bucketheadland, Binge and Grab, Want Some Slaw, and Aqua Bot are essential Buckethead tunes. Next Electric Tears shows his versatility, and Monsters and Robots is a generally excellent cd by him.

EDIT: Meant Giant Robot as the name of the first CD, sorry.
Last edited by CJRocker at Mar 3, 2008,
that would be colma.

amazing acoustic album. has a few melodic shred songs too, but nothing insane like soothsayer.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
my fave would have to be his album, "Monsters and robots"
Quote by GmacD
Chicken and waffles motha F*cka

Quote by Joey Radical
Just be a man and **** your mom.
I've answered his question so many times....

*ahem*

Colma
Population Override
Monsters and Robots
Enter the Chicken
Kaleidoscalp
Crime Slunk Scene
Electric Tears
The Elephant Man's Alarm Clock

In short, there is more than just one. But the above listed should give you a good start.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Yeah, a lot of them are completely different from each other.

Try his official thread.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Elephant Man's Alarm Clock.

My sister got me into it, now I'm in love with it. Lurker At The Threshold is brilliant.
four great albums are colma, enter the chicken, electric tears, and monsters and robots. none of his albums have jordan, and he was also in a side band with les claypool so look for that too. their band was colonol claypools bucket of bernie brains (C2B3).
Quote by Butters
Do You Know What I Am Saying?

Quote by Towelie
Thats Why towelie always says: Dont forget to bring a towel

Quote by Randall
Honey Badger Dont Give a Shit.

Transmutation (Mutatis Mutandis) by Praxis - quite simply the best album ever.

Electric Tears - amazingly melodic. At times intense, at times laid back. His best album imo.

Giant Robot by Giant Robot - you can download this for free. Amazing stuff.

The Elephant Man's Alarm Clock - showcases his unbelievable speed and unerring technique.

Start with these.
*INSERT EGOTYSTICAL QUOTATION HERE*
Crime slunk scene
Cukoo clocks of hell
Population override
Giant robot
Colma
The elephant man's alarm clock