Link

(before someone bites my head off, I like bassists and I play bass)
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington

Yeah I also play bass but...
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
That was 'kin epic!
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
"Oftentimes a bassist will show his total onstage ease by leaning back to exchange a few words with the drummer, another de-emphasized band member. It is unknown what topics these two cover in their discussions but the industry's best guesses have been, "Wow, Trent is really drawing this guitar solo out," "Check out the blonde two rows back. I bet Trent will hit that tonight," and "Dude, we should get a side project together or something." Seriously, Rob is a solid drummer. We could do some amazing stuff"

It was funny, but the bass has 6 strings! I know theres six string basses, but still, for the purpose of the article, it should be 4.
i enjoyed that linkage
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
I saw it on Myspace...Thanks FilthandFury!!!

You forgot the "Bobbing move": Nodding you head to the music while staring at your fretboard thoughout the whole song.
One needs the calibre of Steve Harris to be a fully respected bass player.

Basically the power to say "It's my band and I wrote all the songs so STFU!"
Quote by chiselite
What is with the stigma against bassists and drummers anyway?

I'm a bassist, and it pisses me off when other bassists feel victimised because of f*cking jokes.

and lol, it's all so true... last band practice I knocked out a slide... ALL THE WAY TO THE 21ST FRET!

And had a midsong discussion with the drummer about quorum sensing in bacteria.
"We could play 'Janice Dream.' F*cking Trent. What's that? Oh...No cheese, please. Trent is lactose intollerent."

Quite funny, and I play bass.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
HAHAH!

we just got a new bass player. our old one made us play a '_____ Dream' balad.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by blynd_snyper
Que the bass jokes.

what the bass jokes?
or did you mean "cue"?
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Lol, yeah i'm guilty of the first one and occasionally the second one when i play bass, what about the other musicians though? I mean, EG-

Lead guitarists: the extreme lean back when playing a solo and occasionally dropping to a crouch rapidly when he does a slide as if he's being shot at.

Rhythm guitar-pulling a mean face when doing a crunching riff or rocking back and forth on a soft part.

Drummers-twirling their sticks on a drum breakdown, making ever-lasting endings to songs to fit in as many rolls and fills as they can.

Singers-generally being either larger than life (using their hands) or embracing the mic stand.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
That was great.
There could've been more actual on-stage moves. I play bass. I could learn from these.
But the Wait Outside The Motel Room one was the best.

Does anyone have any more of these?
I like Fall Out Boy.
That is all.
That was pretty funny
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP

i do the slide all the time. but its more of a down slide. like on the 4 i play the high note and slide down and play the note on the 1.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Well the drummer may be a bit thick but at least he's not a wanker like the singer.

But no way would you catch me getting the band's food.
Quote by zeppelinfreak51
It was funny, but the bass has 6 strings! I know theres six string basses, but still, for the purpose of the article, it should be 4.

I noticed that too....

But the article was awesome man
"Dude, we should get a side project together or something." Seriously, Rob is a solid drummer. We could do some amazing stuff.