Over a lot of research and youtube watching, I've finally decided to get a Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz pedal. The Big Muff doesn't do much for me and I've heard the fuzz factories are too modern/not vintage fuzz/too crazy.
I play mainly Chili Peppers and Hendrix, and hopefully this pedal will cover both (I'm planning to explore Hendrix more).
Have I made a good decision or is there a better option?
Gear:
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
Marshall TSL-601
Squire Strat
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I'm in a chain of memories, it's my will
im a huge fan of fuzz and after experimantin with many fuzz boxes i settled on the big muff, personally its my favourite, then again i run a bass thru it, up to urself, whichever u prefer
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Yes the Axis is absolutely perfect for what you want. Does the Hendrixy vintage Fuzz thing very nice and can also get nice and insane if you want.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Big Muff just isn't fuzzy enough for me. The Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz sounds A LOT fuzzier. I want to start playing mainly Hendrix and this seems very Hendrixy.
Gear:
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
Marshall TSL-601
Squire Strat
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I use the Axis myself, and I play tons of Hendrix and Fru, and yeah, it's amazing.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
I use the Axis myself, and I play tons of Hendrix and Fru, and yeah, it's amazing.

Being a Fru fan, do you think the Axis fuzz could take the place of the big muff on my pedalboard, because I don't plan on getting it if I get the Axis, even though John has one.
Gear:
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
Marshall TSL-601
Squire Strat
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by tremaine2007
Being a Fru fan, do you think the Axis fuzz could take the place of the big muff on my pedalboard, because I don't plan on getting it if I get the Axis, even though John has one.

Well, the Axis is a lot more musical than the Muff, and I think it does Fru nicely. It blows the Muff out of the water, fuzzwise. Then again, who knows? You might prefer the Muff, personally.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Afaik John actually uses the English Muff'n now, but i'd say the Axis does a better job than the EHX ones at fuzzage.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by rhcp_freak
Well, the Axis is a lot more musical than the Muff, and I think it does Fru nicely. It blows the Muff out of the water, fuzzwise. Then again, who knows? You might prefer the Muff, personally.

No, I've tried the Muff and I don't like it that much. I'd much rather something much more fuzzy and Hendrix-like.

Anyway my problem now is actually locating and buying one. This is very hard to do being in Australia. They're not in any music shops or on ebay at the moment.
Gear:
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
Marshall TSL-601
Squire Strat
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by tremaine2007
No, I've tried the Muff and I don't like it that much. I'd much rather something much more fuzzy and Hendrix-like.

Anyway my problem now is actually locating and buying one. This is very hard to do being in Australia. They're not in any music shops or on ebay at the moment.

If you're looking for Hendrix's fuzz, the Axis is pretty much what you want.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by MrCarrot
Afaik John actually uses the English Muff'n now, but i'd say the Axis does a better job than the EHX ones at fuzzage.

He doesn't use the English Muff'n instead of the Big Muff though, even though it replaced it on his pedalboard.
POST FINDER
Quote by mattreid222
He doesn't use the English Muff'n instead of the Big Muff though, even though it replaced it on his pedalboard.

I've heard he'll be using it a lot more, but I think he'll keep the Muff.

Either way, the Axis is a much better fuzz.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
I've got a Roger Mayer Classic Fuzz for sale, should do you well, if you're interested. £100.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30