Hi,
I just got a Behringer X V-amp as a gift. I plugged it and it gets on. But when I connect it to the amp, there's no sound. If I turn my amp louder, only a hissing sound comes. I've read the manual all over again but could not solve the problem. Please help me out!
Ring the people or go into the shop where you got it and abuse them, like really abuse them, then diss them about how they look and stuff.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
The volume on the V-AMP is turned down low.

Read the manual, turn up the V-AMP's volume, save settings.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
So, the volume on the V-AMP IS high? So, you've turned the volume down, then back up?

If you have, then I'm really unsure on what's wrong. IIRC, when I got mine, the volume on all settings was down.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
I'm really not surprised, every behringer amp I've seen personally was either broken or got broken while I was present.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Vanquish
I'm really not surprised, every behringer amp I've seen personally was either broken or got broken while I was present.

It's not an amp.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
I had a Behringer V-Amp 2 once.

True story.

My only advice would be to check which live/studio setting you're using. If the X V-Amp has twin mono outputs, only one may be sending the signal in the mode you're using. I've never touched the X-Vamp (that's the floor one, isn't it?), so I don't know how to beat it into working.

Edit: Okay, I've had a look at it.

First, try ONE cable from your guitar to your amp alone, and check that it works.
Next, use that cable to connect your guitar to the X V-Amp, then plug some headphones into the stereo socket.

If you get sound, then you'll at least know there's a problem with the mono output. Technically, you could run a mono cable from the stereo, and it would be fine.. you'd only get the left (or right?) channel, but that wouldn't matter as long as you weren't outputting in true stereo.

Here's what you need to read:

If you have it on P1-3, I don't think it outputs through the mono (amp) jack.

Check.. it..
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Mar 1, 2008,