alright so im looking at getting a laptop in the next year or so and music will be a factor in which i choose
i love the sony vaios
but everybody says that if your a musician then go for a macbook
but if i bought recording software like protools or something then wouldn't it be an even playing field?
what advantages do macbooks have over their competitors and is it worth going for one?
Member of the 'Guitarist Born in 1991' club
Macbooks have a few features that make musicians prefer them - often their ability to use Logic in my experience, plus the free Garageband software. Also, you get less for more money with a Mac.

I would only get one if a) you are competent at using a Mac, and b) you want to use Logic for sequencing or recording.

That's just me though, other people may have different opinions.
There is poetry in despair.
...whats logic?

ah yer ive seen that garageband software
but yer the cost is another thing because to get a macbook at the same level costs more
im not really use to using a mac but i guess if it was that good then it would be worth getting one...
thanks for the help
definately get a mac, but save up for a MacBook Pro, yes i know they're expensive, but i regret getting my MacBook, so i'm selling it and just gonna get an iMac
the most important thing to consider is that Macs come with Garageband free, so you already have software to record on
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
well i cant give you technical info but i can say from personal experience...... once i went mac i never went back
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by fridge_raider
Macbooks have a few features that make musicians prefer them - often their ability to use Logic in my experience, plus the free Garageband software. Also, you get less for more money with a Mac.

I would only get one if a) you are competent at using a Mac, and b) you want to use Logic for sequencing or recording.

That's just me though, other people may have different opinions.

or want something reliable, and that what will actually be able to run a 8 i/o fire wire interface bug free.... basically go one tweek headz and do your own research for your personal needs
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
ok cool thanks for the advice (Y)
I'ld say get a PC laptop.

Macs were good for music back when Digidesign used to make ProTools only for Macs.

But now you can use ProTools on windows and you can also use a million other softwares too. Like Reaper. And loads of 3rd party stuff too.
You'll miss out on all of that if you get a mac.

Get a mac if only you're big into Logic. The Garage band (or as i call it Garbage band) is a horrible program and is not worth anything.

With windows you can download the sorta free Reaper software which is much better than Garage band and you can do loads of other things that macs can't like play games!!!