I can't find any sound clips of them, only the Dimarzio D activators. They sound good and the X can only improve them.
Also I have never used pickups with blades rather than individual magnets, what's the difference?
not sure which model they're assigned to, I'm thinking about putting one in a guitar build I'm planning.
I've never heard of them before, I must say.

EDIT: I see they pick up on the X2N's ridiculously high output. I'd say stick to the normal D activators, as the X2N is generally reputed to be an awful pickup.
Last edited by webbtje at Mar 1, 2008,
oh k, I hadn't heard the rumours, in fact I hadn't heard of the pickup at all.

If the rumours are that bad though, I'll probably go with the plain old D-activator
Standard D activators are the pups I'd put in a metal guitar, if I had one, if I played metal. They're proven, and well liked; stick to them. I doubt output will be a problem; most of your gain comes from your amp. Even with a Duncan Pearly Gates (mellower, grittier PAF bucke), you can get serious gain, with the right amp.
Quote by webbtje

EDIT: I see they pick up on the X2N's ridiculously high output. I'd say stick to the normal D activators, as the X2N is generally reputed to be an awful pickup.

I call bull****. X2n's are amazing metal pickups. My buddy has one in the bridge of his Carvin and it's clearer than the Evo in my Ibanez for solos and such. In addition to that it has an amazing low end for riffs and whatnot.

And if thats not enough Chuck Schuldiner used an X2N. Doesn't get much more metal tone than Death.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm