Page 1 of 2
Basically, i need a new amp, at the moment i am playing through a 30w SS thing and it is nowhere near loud enough

I have heard demo's of Marshalls, and i like them alot, but i wanna see some other amps, but i can't find sounds or demo's anywhere, so i dunno how they sound, so the only one i can consider is a marshall

if anyone has any videos or sounds of any other tube amps, vox, orange, fender etc..... they would be appreciated

and i can't go to music shops cos where i live has the safest tory seat in the country, so can't try any out

Any demo's or sound samples are welcome, i don't wanna blow my money on a marshall when there are better amps out there cos i haven't heard them

Try to keep the price under 1000 quid, if possible

Thanks
-Blues_King
lol@u
£1000? That'll get you a great amp!

Check out Laney's (try some youtube vid's) like the Vh100R or the GH100l or Gh50l
those are great amps.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
If you want something other than marshall, look at oranges.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well I could break the ice, and suggest maybe try some Mesa-Boogie or Laney, maybe even Hughes and Heffner.

There's alot of amps out there, and buying without trying is a very bad idea.

EDIT: You damn poms always get the awesome amps, I would kill for a Hiwatt bass stack :P .
oranges and laneys are good
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by Mr_Pleb_Mgoo
Well I could break the ice, and suggest maybe try some Mesa-Boogie or Laney, maybe even Hughes and Heffner.

There's alot of amps out there, and buying without trying is a very bad idea.

EDIT: You damn poms always get the awesome amps, I would kill for a Hiwatt bass stack :P .

Do you mean Hughes and Kettner?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ed Hunter
Do you mean Hughes and Kettner?

My bad, I always **** that one up :P .
Hughes and Kettner- Switchblade 50w Combo if you need that much power and a lot of versitility
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Blackstar A30s look pretty good and are aroung that price. Designed in the UK by two guys who used to work fro Marshall, and then hand built in Korea to keep the price down. They also got the Guitarist Gold award (5* in all categories) from guitarist magazine. I haven't played one but the sound clips are great.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Yeah, i saw blackstar, they look nice

I play alot of blues mainly, some more rocky stuff aswell
lol@u
Traynor YCV40T.

'king insane amp, made by a company which somehow nobody knows.
i looked at peavey, i don't like the sound to be honest

anyone know of any sound or video clips of oranges?
lol@u
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah, but it's not the first thing that springs to mind when you're pushing the £1,000 mark
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i vote orange

i want one sooooooo badly

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by Blues_King431
and i can't go to music shops cos where i live has the safest tory seat in the country, so can't try any out

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt???????

explain please.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Look at the orange rocker 30. also try out the Traynor YCV50. Laney GH50 also
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by steven seagull
yeah, but it's not the first thing that springs to mind when you're pushing the £1,000 mark

ahh, you're right, i'd forgotten about that.
he could use it as a head though.
defeinitly want to look at traynors, fender super-sonic, orange of course, and the H&K
Take a look at Matamp. I'm sure they can make you something Marshall voiced.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
im not sure what sound your going for really.
for a blues rock sound i would go with some kind of fender and a tubescreamer, or something vintage marshall voiced
Quote by steven seagull

My amp demo got a guy here to buy a Rocker 30. BEAT THAT!

Really I play a lot of blues and the R30 is a GREAT blues amp.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Dave_Mc
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt???????

explain please.

being from ireland, i can understand, basically we live in a really right wing constituency, and when you go to a shop people think you are gonna rip out the pickups and take apart amps and stab their eyes out with transistor pins

thats why i can't try any out, unless i go to london
lol@u
oh, i know what the conservatives are ok, just i didn't get what you meant. I understand now, that's pretty funny.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Some 5-star ideas from Guitarist magazines:

Zinky Velveteen 1x12
Supro Model 50 1x10
Laney Lionheart range
Hughes & Kettner Statesman Quad EL84
Fender Supersonic head

Because I know fuck-all about high end amps, apart from my beautiful Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25, which I recommend, though if you can get the 5:50, do.
Well, if you got £1000 quid lying around to buy an amp,

Buy an orange, they're damn expensive and they sound (imo) awesome.
Or you could buy a Fender Hot rod style amp, that'd be good for blues (I asume that's what u play?)
Quote by philjay
^^I never ceases to amaze my guitar playing friends. It's all fun in games till I bring out the MIGHTY TOASTER

(Discussion about the Orange Tiny Terror)
he's got £1000 and you're suggesting he buy a hot rod? o_O

orange, fair enough. hot rod? not really.

sorry, i don't mean to sound harsh, but i just think he can get a lot better for £1000.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Mr_Pleb_Mgoo

Sigged.

Dude, if i were you, id get a 2x12 with greenbacks and a JTM45 head. or a rockerverb 50 combo.
Or maybe even a plexi reissue head.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Last edited by kool98769 at Mar 3, 2008,
Seems cool to be 14 and like to play blues and have 1000 quid to spend on an amp (I wish I was like that when I was your age).
I reccomend Marshall Bluesbreaker. I haven't tried alot of amps but it's good for blues, many people say it's the best if you wanna play blues and "some rock".
It's quite rare so it's kinda hard to find a used one for sale, I was very lucky to find one for sale.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Last edited by Hultan at Mar 3, 2008,
I would advise against the Bluesbreaker for the same reason I advise againt 50W Plexis, too loud!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by kthxbi
yeah, don't get peavey. nasty.

orange
more orange

You offend me and my people sir.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60