okay, it's been a long time coming, I've been having problems for months and months with anxiety and a few other big things that need taking care of, and I've decided to go to therapy. Now before you judge me, I'm freaking out about this, I have no idea where to go, no idea how to get appointments and all of that stuff. That's not my question though, I want to know if it actually helps. I really need some kind of motivation to keep on the straight and narrow because without that it will be a total waste.
what I want to know is if you've been to therapy and if it has really helped. if you haven't gone and you want to post, tell me if you think it would work. thanks guys

-Wiz?
I've been to therapy and it helped me with my anger management, so go for it! It is not that scary, you just talk about your feelings, and no-one is going to know. Except if you are a victim in a murder case or something..

the people i know of who've gone to thereapy it's helped immensely.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by blynd_snyper
I'm very cynical of therapists, you basically pay them to sit there and go "Ahuh, ahuh, how does that make you feel?"

I'd recommend finding somebody you can just talk to first, then if that fails go to a psychiatrist.

*face palm*

There are different types of therapies. You described a psychodynamic therapy.

Most councilers and therapists these days take either the humanistic approach to psychology or the cognitive approach.
^already done that. I have three or four friends that know everything that's going on, and they help keep some of the problems at bay, but they can't help me get rid of them. this is really a must right now
Quote by wizards?
^already done that. I have three or four friends that know everything that's going on, and they help keep some of the problems at bay, but they can't help me get rid of them. this is really a must right now

Then yeah, go to therapy.
everybody i know who has gone has been helped, obviously you'll be nervous and stuff, but you just gotta talk to them
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
I've been in therapy, although it was completely useless.
My teacher thought I was depressed and because of her my parents sent me to therapy.
Wasn't too bad though.
if someone went poking around my thoughts they'd probably be traumatised for life
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Oh god how did this get here I'm not good with computer
okay, now I have another question, where do I go? I mean I've already talked this over with my parents, and they agree it's a good idea, but do I go to a free clinic and get some help, or do I go to a bigger hospital. I've heard children's in MN is great, I just can't navigate their site very well and find what I'm looking for
you basically pay them to sit there and go "Ahuh, ahuh, how does that make you feel?"QUOTE]
EDIT: You basically pay them to sit there and go "Ahuh, ahuh, how does that make you feel?"and "What do you see here?"

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by blynd_snyper
you basically pay them to sit there and go "Ahuh, ahuh, how does that make you feel?"QUOTE]
EDIT: You basically pay them to sit there and go "Ahuh, ahuh, how does that make you feel?"and "What do you see here?"

^thanks now I feel even better about coming to the pit... god why did I ever think of coming here with something serious?