Hey, I've been having a really rough time trying to get a good tone out of my amp for the past age, until today I tried it for a long period of time without any pedals, just on it's own, and it absolutely sings. So basically, I'm in need of a distortion pedal which doesn't sound horrible.

My amp is an old bass amp, a Polytone Mini Brute IV, but with the right settings it can sound brilliant with a guitar through it, really warm and punchy.

The guitars I use are an Epiphone Les Paul Classic and a Mexican Fender Telecaster.

So here's the question. Does anyone have any recommendations of a distortion or overdrive pedal which would suit sleazy, bluesy rock like Guns n Roses, Velvet Revolver and early Aerosmith?

Thanks a ton.
check out the marshall guv'nor 2
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
just checked it out on youtube, thanks. that looks really great.
Last edited by kthxbi at Mar 1, 2008,
Fulltone OCD? It's really versatile and super transparent.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
The Blues Devil's way, way better than my current pedal, but it's a little heavy for what I'm looking for. It sounds a little too distorted, you know? OCD's really nice, might check it out a bit more :]