I was at this guitar store a while ago and I finally got rid of my thunderbird which i traded in for a starter acoustic guitar worth about 150-200 US dollars.Good trade right?Anyway,while I was waiting on my dad to come pick me up I started trying out their basses.I tried the bongo, the stingray, the NT warlock, but the one bass that felt comfortable to my hands and got the sound ive been wanting was an Ibanez frettless like this http://www.ibanez.com/bass/guitar.aspx?m=GWB35

The only thing I didnt really like about it was the tuning heads, but who cares as long as they keep it in tune.This could actually be my next bass and I would like to know if anyone has actually found a lower end bass that you prefer over other higher end basses too.And please give me your thoughts over this bass also.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Mar 1, 2008,
cool
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap

Put this in your sig if you realise this is because rock has become stale and unoriginal, while hip hop is continually evolving and truer to it's roots
Quote by frusciante39
cool

your sig is so untrue

@ ts gratz dude
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

the gwb is very nice, it was gonna be my second bass, but the epi sg drew me in

EDIT: but remember its fretless so its much harder to play, trust me
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Last edited by CaptainJack666 at Mar 1, 2008,
Quote by frusciante39
cool

*reported* This is the bass forum, not the pit.

That bass looks sweet. The only other one I'd suggest is the Squier VM series fretless, but I think I'd go for that one, even if the machine heads are vomit-inducing, however, they can be changed
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by lexaah
your sig is so untrue

@ ts gratz dude

+100

oh and that's really great looking bass
鋼の錬金術師
If you like the sound and the feel and doesn't have any manufacturing flaws, I'd go for it.
Sometimes you can find lower end that just have cheaper hardware and electronics.
I found a Samick Fretless that sounded and played amazing - once I switched the pick-ups and bridge. $300 bass + $300 upgrades = bass that sounds like a thousand bucks.
I cant tell you about how it plays (I dont even play bass) but I totally agree that it's a really hot bass except for the tuners.

By the way, what's the difference between an ebony fretboard and an "ebonol" fretboard? Not to hijack your thread... Does that mean that it's ebonized wood?
Quote by CaptainJack666
the gwb is very nice, it was gonna be my second bass, but the epi sg drew me in

EDIT: but remember its fretless so its much harder to play, trust me

ummm. not so much. fretless is alot of fun to play...not harder, just different.
Too cool for a signature.
Each of my basses after my starter bass I've been after a higher end bass when I tried them and liked them. My Ibanez AGB140 was bought when I was after a deluxe Fender P, the Mania 5er was bought when I was after a Jazz 5 or a Warwick and the ATK400 when I was after...I forget now but it wasn't an ATK.

Great buy anyway! Not sure on the black-on-black but if it plays nice you can always tweak the looks
Quote by minichibi
I cant tell you about how it plays (I dont even play bass) but I totally agree that it's a really hot bass except for the tuners.

By the way, what's the difference between an ebony fretboard and an "ebonol" fretboard? Not to hijack your thread... Does that mean that it's ebonized wood?

Ebonol is basically really hard plastic I believe.

And good buy, TS. If I had the money, I'd buy the higher end model within 3 seconds. How do you find the ramp?
Hey,I havent bought it yet.You think a 14 year old has that kind of money off hand?

Anyway, thanks guys and gals.
And Delirium, what do you mean by finding the ramp?
Quote by frusciante39
cool

Yep... towards its roots - dalla dalla bill yo, pathologically using samples, and white dudes being in charge/involved at all.

You might find the fretboard to be a bit... Steinbergery, but other than that, it's pretty solid.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I think his sig is meant to be ironic - from his profile it looks like he's into pretty straight-up modern rock.
Quote by smb
I think his sig is meant to be ironic - from his profile it looks like he's into pretty straight-up modern rock.

someone who just takes their fav artists name and adds a number to the end for a username shouldn't be original or intelligent enough to use irony...scary

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Ebonol is basically really hard plastic I believe.

And good buy, TS. If I had the money, I'd buy the higher end model within 3 seconds. How do you find the ramp?

and TS, he means the ramp by the pick-up, I would of thought that was kinda, er obvious??

congrats on getting rid of the T-bird tho

I sound really p*ssy in this post, apologies to all the nice people
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by skippy_moogoose
someone who just takes their fav artists name and adds a number to the end for a username shouldn't be original or intelligent enough to use irony...scary

and TS, he means the ramp by the pick-up, I would of thought that was kinda, er obvious??

congrats on getting rid of the T-bird tho

I sound really p*ssy in this post, apologies to all the nice people

I know what he means by "the ramp" I dont get what he means by "how I found it".
I mean,It was on the bass when I tried it out in the guitar store and it comes on all of em I guess.

EDIT::::::::::: DOh! I thought delirium ment find in the literal sense, as in hide and go seek.
The ramp is good, I guess, Its just the right size to not be totally in the way if your trying to slap on it, which I wouldnt, and it give me a good range of thumb rests.I really have never played a bass weith a ramp before this one would be my first.
Last edited by c3powil at Mar 1, 2008,
Quote by c3powil
I know what he means by "the ramp" I dont get what he means by "how I found it".
I mean,It was on the bass when I tried it out in the guitar store and it comes on all of em I guess.

well, was it, er, useful, a detterent, or was it just, kinda, there?
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
i edited^
Quote by c3powil
i edited^

cool

I don't think Delirium's that dopey, it's pretty easy to find as you say
Quote by the humanity