Heey guys,

tomorrow I am going to a trash/heavy metal band. But I am afraid my right hand isn't fast enough. I get tired after 1 minute of Whiplash... but I can play the four horsemen of metallica. Can anyone suggest anything so that I can play on my best tomorrow?
Use a pick.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Its too late to become fast enough in one day.
Keep practicing whiplash though, your speed and endurance will come with practicing.
slow the songs down, get the technique and left and down fine, speed it up gradually and your right hand will get used to the speed
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
learn Holy Wars haha
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Holy wars is simpler than whiplash whiplash goes on and on with those 16th notes on 1 string.
Holy wars has a lot on the a-string also, and a lot of non 16th notes!
+with my left hand is nothing wrong!
Quote by Neo Evil11
Holy wars is simpler than whiplash whiplash goes on and on with those 16th notes on 1 string.
Holy wars has a lot on the a-string also, and a lot of non 16th notes!
+with my left hand is nothing wrong!

1. Megadeth > Metallica (but thats a topic for another thread)
2. go learn Burnt Ice haha
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Once again, Greg comes through with the good

Seriously, listen to Megadeth's earliest/most recent works and try and play that if you wanna build up picking speed. You claim you can play The Four Horsemen? Forget that song ever existed and learn 'Mechanix' instead. Its the same song, except ten thousand times better.
**** **** **** WHY THE METALLICA MEGADETH ARGUMENT?!

If the gig is tomorrow, and your not CLOSE, then you won't get there. Just keep playing Whiplash, and your endurance will improve. And really, you can go fast with a pick on one string pretty fast with relatively little practice.
haha, not I was not ****ed.

He only named whiplash as a song that he really liked.

We did a part of the four horsemen, and... we worked on a song he wrote... which ment we were busy all the 4 hours... I am DEAD, damnit 4 hours of metal. My fingers are hurting like hell.
just saying you can't get good in one day even if you use a pick you play with your fingers i don't know if your like me but when i try to play with a pick im always chasing chords with my other fingers good luck tho just keep praticing ure speed will come