Hey guys.

I've been having a problem lately; my internet is slow! (2 bars out of 5 = crap connection)

I am on a unsecured Linksys connection and I think someone else is using it too.
I'd like to create my own network but when I try my profile does not show up on the available connections.

I am using a wireless Linksys WRT54G router.
Please keep the terms simple

Thanks,
Ricky.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Bump >.<
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
You need to access the router (the address should be in the documentation that came with the router or even stamped on the router itself)

From there you can set up security and add a password.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']OMG, it's a Canadian named Richard!

Is the router in the same room as you?

No it is downstairs.

Why is my name of importance to you..are you mocking me
make sure you have to same frequency receiver, and you might want to check the frequencies of your wireless phones, those can interfer too
Quote by hoootlilboy
make sure you have to same frequency receiver, and you might want to check the frequencies of your wireless phones, those can interfer too

How do I ensure this?