Hello there, UG!

My gigging days are over. I've lost interest in metal, I'm more interested in blues and bluesrock these days,so I'm out of the band...after almost 13 years. Plus, I don't have the energy required anymore.

Anyway, I've sold all my equipment, with the exception of my Baretta, which I absolutely love and my Vox V847.

I need a small practice amp, maybe (but not necessarily) something that will be able to hold its ground against a quiet drummer.

My budget is low, because all the cash I got from the JCM800 and all the other stuff is going into my workshop.

My options right now are:

Vox AD30VT (good enough sound, quite expensive here though)
Fender Champion 600 (I'm not able to play this one, none of the shops in the vicinity have it, will not be able to overpower a drumkit)

I could also try to save up for a Fender Blues Junior, but it's going to be a pain if I have to, so tell me: would it be worth it? Is it really that much better than the Champion 600 (soundwise)? It costs four times as much here, about 1200$.

Which one would you pick?Any other recommendations? I'm eager to go used, but it's really hard to find any good used gear on local auction sites.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Last edited by binjajer at Mar 1, 2008,
fender blues junior is a phenomenal practice amp

i would get it

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Save up for Laney VC15 or VC30, they have an amazing sound for low-gain stuff like blues, and they are much cheaper than Fender amps. Actually, VC15/30 is a copy of Vox AC30, but it sounds really good.

Pozdrowienia z Poludnia
Lost interest in metal?!?!?!?
anyway i would say go with the fender, maybe you could get it used (ebay, craigslist) for cheaper.
Dude, I seriosuly reccomend a harley Benton Ga5 combo/head.
I have the combo, and it's absolutely amazing with a bad moneky overdrive pedal. Really good tones. I can get up to Guns n Roses territory down to clean, with all the blues and rock n roll in the midst of it.

Plus it will cost you 100 eur for the amp and like 35 for the bad monkey (it's a ibanez tubescreamer clone)
Orange Tiny Terror, great for practice and performance and has nice tone. its like $550 for the head and $350 for the speaker. the only drawback i say is that there is only one channel. It also has only one tone knob which can be covered by an EQ pedal.
Keep 'em coming!

Good idea with the Tiny Terror, I'll think about it.

Pozdrawiam, zombiak! Dobry pomysl z tym laneyem.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Quote by DOOdooroCK
Orange Tiny Terror, great for practice and performance and has nice tone. its like $550 for the head and $350 for the speaker. the only drawback i say is that there is only one channel. It also has only one tone knob which can be covered by an EQ pedal.

I wanted to buy either Tiny Terror or Laney VC15 as my first tube amp, and to be honest - in Poland it's probably better to get Laney VC15. It costs as much as the Tiny Terror head here, and you get two channels, full EQ, reverb, another tone knob...and speaker, of course Furthermore, Tiny Terror is better in distorted sounds than cleans, while VC has good cleans, and really good light bluesy overdrive. Of course it can be even better if you swap the tubes and the speaker, but straight out of the box it's good, too.
Quote by zombiak
I wanted to buy either Tiny Terror or Laney VC15 as my first tube amp, and to be honest - in Poland it's probably better to get Laney VC15. It costs as much as the Tiny Terror head here, and you get two channels, full EQ, reverb, another tone knob...and speaker, of course Furthermore, Tiny Terror is better in distorted sounds than cleans, while VC has good cleans, and really good light bluesy overdrive. Of course it can be even better if you swap the tubes and the speaker, but straight out of the box it's good, too.

No coz, ciekay tylko jestem czy dam rade z niego wyciagnac jakis dzwiek w stylu SRV... (no, troche Texas Bluesa tez pewnie chcialnym pograc, a AC30 to nie Fender Vibrolux...)ale pomysl niezly, sprawdze zaraz ile toto u nas w Polsce kosztuje.

EDIT: Hmm... troche ponad 1400 zl nowe, na Allegro tylko VC30... Niezle.

EDIT2: Jesl mp3 ktore masz w profilu sa nagrane na tym Laneyu, to calkiem ciekawie to moze brzmiec.
Quote by bakk
Hi,

Last edited by binjajer at Mar 1, 2008,
if lookiing in to the tiny terror the blackheart handsome giant might be a cheaper alternative...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by binjajer
Jesli mp3 ktore masz w profilu sa nagrane na tym Laneyu, to calkiem ciekawie to moze brzmiec.

Mp3 z profilu byly nagrane dawno temu na tanim multiefekcie Digitecha, symulacja Marshalla JT45 bodajze Laneya juz probuje nagrac od dluzszego czasu, ale ze wzgledu na to ze korzystam z bardzo taniego mikrofonu to zawsze cos mi w nagranym brzmieniu nie pasuje Ale jak wrzuce jakies probki to dam znac na PM.

EDIT: Proponowalbym najlepiej do Rock 'n' Rolla w Warszawie sie przejsc, powinni miec ten piecyk na stanie. Jednak osobisty test jest najlepszy, wiadomo, no ale jak sie nie uda to zarzuce tymi probkami.
Last edited by zombiak at Mar 1, 2008,
you sold a Marshall JCM800

Edit: hatebreeder, if he was gonna sell it... he shoulda sold it to me LOL, i want one so badly and he goes off and SELLS his LOL.
Last edited by Slayerdeath at Mar 1, 2008,
Quote by Slayerdeath
you sold a Marshall JCM800

Big deal. It's not like the JCM 800 is the be all, end all amplifier anyways.

The Blues Juniors are great amps for the cash, but you'd be stuck in a rut if you wanted to venture back and jam the metal. With the Laney amps, you could easily boost the front end of it to do metal albeit, it would be the lighter spectrum of it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Laney VC15. or if you want something bigger and imo better get a traynor ycv40

Blues Jr. is a great blues amp also
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by timzee117
fender blues junior is a phenomenal practice amp

i would get it

yeah, skip the champ and go for one of the junior amps. They're still only 15w and you'll want to spend most of your time with a fender amp on their beautiful cleans anyway, so I don't think too much volume would be an issue.