Well, I composed something that I've never composed before.. Given that I'm a symphonic metal composer I tried to compose a technical death metal song..

It took me a while to figure out the riffs on the guitar but I think it turned up pretty kewl .

So, should I record that and add vocals etc ?

Anyway, just tell me what you think..

C4c
Attachments:
Tech.zip
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Well.

I like:
- The riff that starts at 16 isn't too bad.
- Some of the sweepish parts you added (reminds me of Necrophagist)
- The riffs go together pretty good.

I dislike:
- The beginning just sucks IMO
- All the repeats. Too repetive for Tech death.
- How the solo is just one riff repeated.. you could be more original there.
- A LOT of clashing. I do realize this is Tech death and I am a big fan of Nile, Necrophagist, Cryptosy but there are too many parts that clash IMO.

6/10
Not horrible, but could be better. MIDI doesn't do ANY justice to this song. It makes it sound crap i'm sure, but I would still scrap this. If you want, record it It will probably sound better than MIDI.
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
Well.

I like:
- The riff that starts at 16 isn't too bad.
- Some of the sweepish parts you added (reminds me of Necrophagist)
- The riffs go together pretty good.

I dislike:
- The beginning just sucks IMO
- All the repeats. Too repetive for Tech death.
- How the solo is just one riff repeated.. you could be more original there.
- A LOT of clashing. I do realize this is Tech death and I am a big fan of Nile, Necrophagist, Cryptosy but there are too many parts that clash IMO.

6/10
Not horrible, but could be better. MIDI doesn't do ANY justice to this song. It makes it sound crap i'm sure, but I would still scrap this. If you want, record it It will probably sound better than MIDI.

Thank you man, well actually this is my first attempt, I just majored in Sweep arpeggios and wanted to do something with that hahaa..

Also, the sweepish parts were meant to sound like Necrophagist.. Although I must admit some parts are repetitive but I only did that so I could do the vocals over those parts..

I'm a noob at tech death..

Thanks for the advice mate
I thought that it wasn't repetitive to be honest. Also, you're sooo not n00b at Tech Death.
Thanks dude

that'll get me through the day
Aside from the intro, good song. Although most of it sounds exactly Necrophagist riffs. I wouldn't record or anything with this song, it just sounds too much like Necrophagist.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

Quote by bakshandloomis
Aside from the intro, good song. Although most of it sounds exactly Necrophagist riffs. I wouldn't record or anything with this song, it just sounds too much like Necrophagist.

that was the point, haha.. It's just for fun, I'm not going to use this song on my album or anything.
Thats not a bad thing though. Necrophagist is an amazing band.

I want you to record this actually though.. because it's hard as ****. lol
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
Thats not a bad thing though. Necrophagist is an amazing band.

I want you to record this actually though.. because it's hard as ****. lol

, Ok I will then..
I will be a very sad man if you were to not record this and then take me on as a songwriting protege, or just the recording part.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by IbanezSA160a
I will be a very sad man if you were to not record this and then take me on as a songwriting protege, or just the recording part.

Actually I WILL record this for UG united

Can't wait.

Thanks for the crits guys
Don't want to sound harsh or anything, but it's disapointing coming from you man! You've done so much better!

Sweeps are cool, but don't over use them. And I mean don't over use them.
Some riffs are just plain awesome (Riff starting at Bar 64 :O!!)
But I thought it was a bit repetitive for Death Metal. Not a big fan of that kind of music too, so it doesn't help >.>
Is bar 55+ the solo? If so, man, what's wrong!

Not much more to crit, some riffs were great, some were bad, some were ok. If by technical you mean do crazy sweeps almost the entire song, it's kinda disapointing.

6/10.

Sorry, but can't really give more, I've heard so much better coming from you.

Mind giving a quick crit? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794241

EDIT: Yea I think you should record it, with some few changes it could turn out great. Let's be real and say MIDI kinda ruins the whole feeling of the song.
Quote by DarkTom666
Don't want to sound harsh or anything, but it's disapointing coming from you man! You've done so much better!

Sweeps are cool, but don't over use them. And I mean don't over use them.
Some riffs are just plain awesome (Riff starting at Bar 64 :O!!)
But I thought it was a bit repetitive for Death Metal. Not a big fan of that kind of music too, so it doesn't help >.>
Is bar 55+ the solo? If so, man, what's wrong!

Not much more to crit, some riffs were great, some were bad, some were ok. If by technical you mean do crazy sweeps almost the entire song, it's kinda disapointing.

6/10.

Sorry, but can't really give more, I've heard so much better coming from you.

Mind giving a quick crit? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794241

EDIT: Yea I think you should record it, with some few changes it could turn out great. Let's be real and say MIDI kinda ruins the whole feeling of the song.

Well if you say I've done better then you know me, I'm a symphonic guy, this was just a song after listening too much necrophagist, I'm not proud of it but I am proud that I can play it, rofl.. And yes, I admit it isn't my best work and thank you for your sincere comment..

Cheers dude, I'm off to uni now but I'll check out yours as soon as I get back so don't get dissapointed if I don't crit right away, I will <- Scratch that , I have a few minutes I'll do it now
Last edited by Necrolust at Mar 3, 2008,
Quote by Necrolust
Well if you say I've done better then you know me, I'm a symphonic guy, this was just a song after listening too much necrophagist, I'm not proud of it but I am proud that I can play it, rofl.. And yes, I admit it isn't my best work and thank you for your sincere comment..

Cheers dude, I'm off to uni now but I'll check out yours as soon as I get back so don't get dissapointed if I don't crit right away, I will <- Scratch that , I have a few minutes I'll do it now

Hehe well yea I do listen to your songs once in a while. Symphonic metal is just beautiful!

Well, not because I didn't like it much that you have to say you're not proud of it. It's your creation, it maybe was your first time writing that kind of music, and it was a good try. You'll eventually get better

Thanks for the crit too^^
**** man, this is by far the best tech death song posted.
i absolutley loved this song, i personally loved the intro. i love the whole thing to be honest.
Favorite part though was the riff that started at 64, that was sick man.
Record this for sure man.
Darktom yes, this was my first try at Technical Death metal, I don't know anything about fast speed death metal with technical stuff so I gave it a try..

And champloo thanks a lot for the crit, yeah the riff at 64 is pretty popular

And I will record it today