I was just wondering, do different amps make different sounds/tones? Or is that up to the guitar? My current amp, which came in the starter kit I bought, does some pretty cool heavy metal stuff but what I really want is the Paramore type sound. Listen to Misery Business and you'll hear the sound I want.

So if I get a different amp, can I get the sound I want, provided I buy the right one?
yeah, you can.

the guitar will obviously play a part too, but the amp is the main thing.

what amount of money do you have, and what's your guitar?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
*facepalm*

If it wasn't for your join date, I'd think you were spamming. Your amp comprises at least 70% of your tone, and is easily the biggest factor in it.

Anyway, if you get a new amp it would be much easier to get a Paramore sound.
try a marshall, peavey, mesa, and line 6 when you go to guitar center. there will be a huge difference in tone. i'm pretty sure the guys from paramore use marshalls.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
I don't have any money, but I can save. The guitar is a Silvertone SS10 "Citation" and the amp is the one that came with it as it was a starter pack. I've messed around with the settings on the amp forever but I just can't get the right sound...

I feel that if the amp had pitch control, I'd be able to get what I want... are there any out there with pitch control?
Quote by SideshowRaven24
I'm pretty sure the guys from paramore use marshalls.

No. Mesas.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by EJD
I don't have any money, but I can save. The guitar is a Silvertone SS10 "Citation" and the amp is the one that came with it as it was a starter pack. I've messed around with the settings on the amp forever but I just can't get the right sound...

I feel that if the amp had pitch control, I'd be able to get what I want... are there any out there with pitch control?

What exactly do you mean by "pitch control"? The way you worded that, it sounds like being able to change the note you're playing on the amp....
Quote by EJD
Pitch... yeah, you know, make the tones higher or lower.

... you need a pedal to do that.
Right... new amp for me then, save save save

Thanks for ya help guys
Quote by EJD

what's the guitar like? is it a strat copy? gibson copy? or something else?

as already said, you'd need something like a digitech whammy pedal to do the pitch changing, but i don't remember hearing any whammy pedal stuff in any paramore i've heard...

i'd get a new amp first.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Strat copy - and I will try a new amp... sigh, more saving...
Quote by Simsimius
No. Mesas.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=coaB1-gaR6o&feature=related

marshall tops, dip**** Only the cab is a mesa

Yes, different amps make different sounds.

Marshalls are raw, Fenders are warm, Mesa's can be pretty heavy...
it depends on the settings of the amp, together with the kind of speaker, (possible) cabinet, tube/transistor and what more....
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands