Lately, I've been considering fixing up this old SX and finally putting it to good use, especially since I just reached the $2000 mark in my bank account. I'm probably going to focus on 3 aspects: the tuning keys, the pickups, and the bridge. However, I've got a couple questions for you guys:

1) Are there any brands that are actually well-known for tuning keys? Mine feel like ****, but is this something that any company actually specializes in, or is basically anything going to be an improvement?

2) I'm almost positive that I want to pick up a Badass V Bridge. Any reason that I shouldn't?

Also, don't tell me to just buy a new bass. I'm quite aware that this thing is a steaming pile of ****, and I'm using a completely different bass for jamming and jazz band and such.

Thanks in advance.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
1) Gotoh do good Tuning Keys. As do Hipshot I think.

2) Nope. Do it. DO IT NOW!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Sperzel does some awesome, extremely durable tuners. And there is absolutely no reason not to get a Badass bridge. Itll be a huge improvement.

EDIT: Is your bass a 5-string? Im not sure, but i think the BadAss V is for 5-stringers.
Quote by qotsa1998
Sperzel does some awesome, extremely durable tuners. And there is absolutely no reason not to get a Badass bridge. Itll be a huge improvement.

EDIT: Is your bass a 5-string? Im not sure, but i think the BadAss V is for 5-stringers.

Yeah, it's a 5-string. I actually wish they made a 6-string model too so I could upgrade the bass I'm using now.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
1)Hipshot, Gotoh, Schaller.
2) do it. the only reason not to is if you'll have to rerouter it if it has a bizarre bridge on it with all the screws on it funny.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom