arent engls suppose to be more expensive here in the US?

i just got som UK prices of a powerball and converted it and it actually costs more than it does here. Engl is german made and should cost less since its more local. whats up with that? did i do something wrong or is that really the case?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/engl_powerball_e645.htm heres the site i found it on
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Its the same for everything, u guys pay nearly half as much for everything. but then ur dollar is only worth half one pound so it kinda works out in the end. if that suprises u take this example . we pay more for a car built in britain than one build here then shipped to belgium.
soo....................>_> we do pay more? because a euro/pound is worth more?

well i mean in this case with the engl powerball
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
bump........no one knows?
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Just about everything is cheaper in the US. Even things like Marshall and Engl tend to cost less in the US. The thing is that Marshall and Engl only cost a little less in the US when things like fender cost more than twice as much here. What really bugs me is that schaller producst are made in germany and I get a dealer wholsale price and buy them directly from Germany and they still cost me more than retail in the USA. Explain that one.
Not taking any online orders.
What really bugs me is that schaller producst are made in germany and I get a dealer wholsale price and buy them directly from Germany and they still cost me more than retail in the USA. Explain that one.

Retailers buy in bulk and pass some of the savings onto the customer.
i don't define myself by what silly groups i join.
man this makes no sense. sounds like engl's in the US are actually a deal in comparsion to what goes on in europe.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by antareus
Retailers buy in bulk and pass some of the savings onto the customer.

I am a retailer, I do buy bulk, and my wholesale price is still more that suggested retail in the USA.
Not taking any online orders.
^ That makes little sense, and is just plain annoying. I want to know the answer to this now! Damn America and its cheap prices...
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Actually, the price of ENGL's has went down about 30% in the US over the past month. Before then they were a complete rip. Now they're pretty competitive with Mesa Boogie as far as pricing goes.

It's much easier to sell 1000 amps in the US than in any european country. Bringing products into the US is an almost guarantee sell if the price is right and the quality is good.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio