gibson announces the new slash usa les paul standard model will be limited to only 1500 gutiars world wide. is that extremely low and collectible?i do not know much about this kind of stuff.

also gibson didnt say what the limit was on the new slash vos model(the more expensive one). kinda weird.

usa model-

http://www.gibson.com/Slash/Gibson%20USA/SlashLesPaulStandard/

inspired by vos model
http://www.gibson.com/Slash/Gibson%20Custom/GibsonCustomSlashInspired/
Last edited by Unreal T at Mar 1, 2008,
What are ya tryin 2 make me cry cuz im broke.
John 5Dimebag DarrelJimi HendrixSlash Foo Fighters

i kinda like the USA model
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Well, let's see. There's about six billion people in the world, and 1500 Slash guitars. So, yes, it's fair to say that that's extremely low.
i think im just gonna buy this guitar and store it somewhere for value cause that does seem hella low. but i thnk i will play it too a little
Quote by Skynyrd890
The USA model is so sexy...

Hell man!! Both of em are sexy. Although I do prefer the Custom Shop one. More history behind it.
Be cool.
Quote by Danno13
Well, let's see. There's about six billion people in the world, and 1500 Slash guitars. So, yes, it's fair to say that that's extremely low.

ya i mean just think of all the slash fans, plus the ppl who collect this kinda stuff. this thing should be a fast sellout
So I wonder if they are going to discontinue the current Slash Les Paul from their 2007 Custom shop and replace it with the new replica Les Paul. Also, as far as I know, the VOS should be an unlimited run. Otherwise, they would have specified if it wasn't in the description. So, the USA model should be more rare after they are all sold out.
Be cool.
also keep in mind those r the MSRP prices on gibsons website. like the epi is listed over a grand like 1100 or something and in stores its only 700 dollars so the vos and the usa model should be MUCH cheaper than whats shown on gibson.com. yes and the current slash model i dunno what they will do with it. come to think of it i think the only difference between the new usa model and the current model is a slash skele logo on the headstock and a flame. sux for whoever bought the current one that thing is like 3800 dollars!!!!!!
Dang it, hopefully they don't discontinue the Slash Signature thats up right now, the one with the Fishman Bridge. I wanted this guitar, but I also want these too. haha.

I like both of them, but I think I'd take the VOS one over the USA one. Slash's Cherry burst was my favorite of all of the cherry bursts out there, so yeah.

When are these going to sell?

EDIT: April 1st nvm, it might be a prank. (Unless that day is another one in april)
Last edited by Mockingbird452 at Mar 1, 2008,
april first ...there is a countdown on the gibson website under the slash section. im sure gutiarcenter or musicians friend will be taking preorders soon.
Quote by thedude051
Hell man!! Both of em are sexy. Although I do prefer the Custom Shop one. More history behind it.

Yeh, but the fact that the Epi is like, $1500 makes it a complete ass...the USA will at least have Gibson on the Headstock...seroiusly tho, both look amazing...the Custom one was just...meh...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
They're nice but i don't think they should be limited edition. This is just my opinion but to me slash a tad overrated. But that's my opinion i don't want to start a flame war.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
He may be overrated, but he is one of my favorite guitarists of all time...
skynard...those r the MSRP prices. they are always high. u can get the epi NOW for only 700 dollars.
Quote by Skynyrd890
He may be overrated, but he is one of my favorite guitarists of all time...

That's why i said it was just my opinion You may hate me for liking kirk hamett lol
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Hey, Kirk Hammet is #2. lol...I like Slash, Kirk, Gary Rossington and Allen Collins, and Angus Young (overrated)...those are my top guitarists. haha
Quote by Skynyrd890
Yeh, but the fact that the Epi is like, $1500 makes it a complete ass...the USA will at least have Gibson on the Headstock...seroiusly tho, both look amazing...the Custom one was just...meh...

Yeah those are the MSRP, like what Unreal T said.

Hopefully the VOS Les Paul will drop down at GC or MF. I really want that one.

For the VOS LP, I know that when slash got his 88 Les Paul, he refinished it, is that replica supposed to represent the guitar BEFORE it was REfinished or AFTER?

Quote by Mockingbird452
Yeah those are the MSRP, like what Unreal T said.

Hopefully the VOS Les Paul will drop down at GC or MF. I really want that one.

For the VOS LP, I know that when slash got his 88 Les Paul, he refinished it, is that replica supposed to represent the guitar BEFORE it was REfinished or AFTER?

From what the descriptions says, I think its after.
Be cool.