there kinda differnt guitars...depends what your wanting to play and what you like?
I would definitely go with the ibanez. Having played both ltds and lower end ibanezs, the ibanezs are a better deal and just seem to play better. Unless you want a metalcore-ish sound, then go with the viper.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Im a huge esp fan but i have to say the cheaper ibanez' are a lot better than the cheaper esp' but when you get to the higher end stuff well Esp all the way
Depends on the sound you want. The Viper is really good for a metal rhythm tone and the RG might be a bit more versitile and not have quite as high output pickups.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Go for the Ibanez. Not that I have anything against ESP, but I don't like the Viper. At ALL.
Two hands, holding one guitar.
without a doubt the viper, better pickups and dont have to worry about the edge III
Well i just got rid of my Ibanez rg370dx for a Esp kh-503 and love it, it destroys my rg in so many aspects.... And best of all i didnt have to do any side work to play it.. With the RG i had to setup everything, tighten everything once every two weeks, route a bigger hole for the tremolo to work properly, Hated the middle pickup messed with my picking, shimmed the neck and locking nut, also buzzed like crazy and the tremolo showed wear after just a month..... The esp, put some strings on her and was good to go.... Plus the esp sounds so so much better and feels alot more solid....
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 5, 2008,
well the Ibanez is rubbish. The trem is CRAP- wears out really quickly as it's made of cheap metal, the fretboard isn't amazingly smooth or fast and the stock pups are pretty muddy.
Nicest thing about it is the neck which is quite thin and a nice shape.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
well the Ibanez is rubbish. The trem is CRAP- wears out really quickly as it's made of cheap metal, the fretboard isn't amazingly smooth or fast and the stock pups are pretty muddy.

Well, it's killer with a new trem and pickups, but you're better off with a hard-tail RG321, or RG2EX1.
Quote by Yngwi3

+1

go for the esp!