Page 1 of 2
yep, not working
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
OH MA GAWDD
glasses fag is trying to teach me something
REALLY SCARY
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
That's just stupid.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
He presents the arguement in a pretty basic way, and he presents it fairly well.

However, if you look at the history of average global temperature you see that it has been alot higher than it is right now and come down again.

There is no way to know if human activity is affecting global temperature until the point where it's too late.

So then you're left with the choice he presents to us.

Do something about it pre-emptively or don't do something about it, knowing that if you're wrong the consequences will far outweigh the consequences of doing something about it and getting it wrong.

His arguemets are far from stupid, they're logical and well thought out.
really long
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick
really long

Wait..... A video that is nine and a half minutes long is "really long"?

I knew peoples' attention spans were REALLY fucking low, but come on.

At least you're not interested in it or something. If you can't stay focused on something for that long, then that's just sad.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by CORT noob

seen it.

All his arguements say is "this has happened before"

read my above post.

Right now the temperature of the planet is lower than the highest it's ever been in known history. But knowing that doesn't mean that the temperature increases we're seeing now ARE NOT the result of human activity.

If temperature change IS a result of human activity we'll only know for sure when it's too late.

So which lottery ticket do YOU want to buy?
Quote by freedoms_stain
seen it.

read my above post.

Right now the temperature of the planet is lower than the highest it's ever been in known history. But knowing that doesn't mean that the temperature increases we're seeing now ARE NOT the result of human activity.

If temperature change IS a result of human activity we'll only know for sure when it's too late.

The cheaper one.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
The cheaper one.

So is the cheaper one A or B?

Given that you don't know whether climate change is True or False.

Did you actually listen to this guys arguement?
Quote by freedoms_stain
seen it.

read my above post.

the winning one.

Edit: and he says to not watch the linked video, but the one in the description... he fixed a few holes... I watched the newer one... which seems to be what your post is about.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by freedoms_stain
So is the cheaper one A or B?

Given that you don't know whether climate change is True or False.

Did you actually listen to this guys arguement?

Choice A, that climate change isn't man made. Not that climate change doesn't exist.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
Choice A, that climate change isn't man made. Not that climate change doesn't exist.

You don't seem to understand.

There is no way of knowing whether climate change iis man made or not until it's too late.

So you gamble on 'not man-made'

And if you're wrong we're alot more screwed than if you'd gone B and were wrong.
Quote by freedoms_stain
You don't seem to understand.

There is no way of knowing whether climate change iis man made or not until it's too late.

So you gamble on 'not man-made'

And if you're wrong we're alot more screwed than if you'd gone B and were wrong.

Wrong. We're more screwed if were B and gone wrong. Just because we don't believe it's man made, doesn't mean we can't take measures to prevent/ relocate for coastal flooding. Now, if we waste millions of dollars on trying to stop global warming, and prevent/relocate for coastal flooding, we're double broke.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
Wrong. We're more screwed if were B and gone wrong. Just because we don't believe it's man made, doesn't mean we can't take measures to prevent/ relocate for coastal flooding. Now, if we waste millions of dollars on trying to stop global warming, and prevent/relocate for coastal flooding, we're double broke.

sorry, I got my A and B mixed up.

apologies.

So you agree something should be done?

Cus really it's win win. Even if climate change is a myth, we're ****ing the environment in so many other ways.

edit: saying cheapest threw me since choice A isn't the cheapest
Quote by freedoms_stain
sorry, I got my A and B mixed up.

apologies.

So you agree something should be done?

Cus really it's win win. Even if climate change is a myth, we're ****ing the environment in so many other ways.

I believe something should be done to plan for if global warming happens. Not do anything to stop global warming.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
I believe something should be done to plan for if global warming happens. Not do anything to stop global warming.

If global warming actually happens it'll be too late.

The only way to combat global warming (in it's event) is to neutralise our effect on the environment.

In order to do that and maintain our current way of life it's going to take decades.

If you wait until global warming is a reality any steps you take will essentially be futile since the decline will already have begun. And the people whho have to enact those changes will probably be more interested in fighting over resources than taking any action to preserve them.
This guy presents the risks of our decisions fairly well. I guess I'll do what he said and forward it on.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by Arthur Curry
CORT noob, money doesn't mean shit when you're 30 feet under water.

Money means alot when your 30 feet above water in a country with a failing economy.

Quote by freedoms_stain
If global warming actually happens it'll be too late.

The only way to combat global warming (in it's event) is to neutralise our effect on the environment.

In order to do that and maintain our current way of life it's going to take decades.

If you wait until global warming is a reality any steps you take will essentially be futile since the decline will already have begun. And the people whho have to enact those changes will probably be more interested in fighting over resources than taking any action to preserve them.

Finding a place to put people from the flooded coasts is not futile. Fighting Global warming is futile.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Last edited by CORT noob at Mar 1, 2008,
While I don't agree, he makes a great point. If no one knows if global warming is true or not, why risk it all and not do anything, the consequences will be far greater if we do nothing and find out it's happening than if we do something and find out nothing was happening to the climate.
Quote by CORT noob
Money means alot when your 30 feet above water in a country with a failing economy.

okay, so which are you more willing to risk? a failing economy or a failed economy?
Quote by Arthur Curry
okay, so which are you more willing to risk? a failing economy or a failed economy?

Clarify.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
Finding a place to put people from the flooded coasts is not futile. Fighting Global warming is futile.

Do you think that would happen?

Do you think people who are unaffected by flooding but facing food and fresh water shortages will welcome the victims with open arms or do you think people will bring out the pitch forks?

If we "fight global warming" as you put it, and global warming doesn't come, but we vastly improve our environmennt, improve air quality, regenerate rainforrests and polluted water supplies, recycle, get rid of land fills, allow the fish to re-populate, stop the expansion of deserts, find renuewable fuel sources, improve our food production etc etc

would that be futile or a waste of time?
Quote by freedoms_stain
Do you think that would happen?

Do you think people who are unaffected by flooding but facing food and fresh water shortages will welcome the victims with open arms or do you think people will bring out the pitch forks?

I for one would be willing to let people come live in my state. And, in my country, all the food and water comes from the Middle of our country, so why would there be food or water shortages? Or, do you expect my country to police the rest of the world and give them food too?

Quote by freedoms_stain

If we "fight global warming" as you put it, and global warming doesn't come, but we vastly improve our environmennt, improve air quality, regenerate rainforrests and polluted water supplies, recycle, get rid of land fills, allow the fish to re-populate, stop the expansion of deserts, find renuewable fuel sources, improve our food production etc etc

would that be futile or a waste of time?

Half those things won't prevent global warming.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
I for one would be willing to let people come live in my state. And, in my country, all the food and water comes from the Middle of our country, so why would there be food or water shortages? Or, do you expect my country to police the rest of the world and give them food too?

Your food crops grow optimally at a certain temperature.

When the temperature rises your crop yields start to drop and your water levels start to drop. Your crops, food animals and indeed yourselves all need water to survive.

How do you expect to feed everyone with less food and water available?
Quote by CORT noob
Half those things won't prevent global warming.

But half of them will? And most of them are resultants of each other. So ALL are valid.

And aren't all of them good ideas that people SHOULD be striving towards?
i loled
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by freedoms_stain
Your food crops grow optimally at a certain temperature.

When the temperature rises your crop yields start to drop and your water levels start to drop. Your crops, food animals and indeed yourselves all need water to survive.

How do you expect to feed everyone with less food and water available?

In Illinois, the higher the temperature the higher the crop yields because the longer the growing season. We get our water from a very large aquifer, so that would not run out.

Quote by freedoms_stain
But half of them will? And most of them are resultants of each other. So ALL are valid.

And aren't all of them good ideas that people SHOULD be striving towards?

I worded what I said wrong. I meant to say only half of those will theoretically stop global warming. I don't actually think any of them will stop global warming. But, you are right, we should strive for those things. But, they are expensive, and the money could be better spent elsewhere.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Guys we have no power over the climate changing. Maybe somebody else does but we are just regular people. I know this is a scary subject but you still gotta live life.
Quote by CORT noob
In Illinois, the higher the temperature the higher the crop yields because the longer the growing season. We get our water from a very large aquifer, so that would not run out.

If the climate of America matched that of modern day Africa, do you think you'd be able to provide enough food?

When food grows it takes nutrients from the soil. Longer and longer growing season: more and more nutrients leached, less time for soil regeneration, soil becomes poor, unable to grow food.

If you increase pressure on an acquifer it WILL run out. Or at least the part of it from which you are able to tap water will run out.

It happened in London.
Quote by CORT noob
I worded what I said wrong. I meant to say only half of those will theoretically stop global warming. I don't actually think any of them will stop global warming. But, you are right, we should strive for those things. But, they are expensive, and the money could be better spent elsewhere.

You do realise that once the planet runs out of resources the human race is ****ed right?

If we don't invest in protecting and regenerating resources now while we still can then when?????

What can you better spend money on exactly. I'm dying to hear this.
Quote by KileManA7X
Guys we have no power over the climate changing. Maybe somebody else does but we are just regular people. I know this is a scary subject but you still gotta live life.

That's incorrect. If every regular person improves a little bit, it makes a HUGE difference.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

Is it just me, or was this jist of the video simply "Do something about global warming"?
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by KileManA7X

don't be stupid. we're the only "somebody" that can change it. and it would be pretty fucking hard to "live life" if global climate change did take effect. and it's not like some abstract idea or your grandchild's problem, the fact is it could happen in even a single decade.
Quote by freedoms_stain
If the climate of America matched that of modern day Africa, do you think you'd be able to provide enough food?

When food grows it takes nutrients from the soil. Longer and longer growing season: more and more nutrients leached, less time for soil regeneration, soil becomes poor, unable to grow food.

Read up on Crop rotations.

Quote by freedoms_stain
If you increase pressure on an acquifer it WILL run out. Or at least the part of it from which you are able to tap water will run out.

It happened in London.

You do realise that once the planet runs out of resources the human race is ****ed right?

If we don't invest in protecting and regenerating resources now while we still can then when?????

What can you better spend money on exactly. I'm dying to hear this.

30 years ago, scientists said our aquifer would be completely dry in 30 years.

I think we should spend our money arranging a water and food source in case of Global warming, not trying to stop global warming, how many times to I have to repeat it?
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Page 1 of 2