I'm playing battlefield 1942. Is there a way to hook up my ps2 controller so I can use that to play?

Or a good pc controller that I can get at Future Shop or Best Buy?
you either need a ps2 socket-usb converter or to buy a PS2 style controller made for USB.

Honestly I suggest getting an XBOX360 wired controller (connects via USB already) and using XBCD drivers.

It's the best way to use a pad on a PC
my brother uses his xbox controller... but i dont know about ps2
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
they have ps2 shaped controllers and xbox controllers for pc, they are cheap especially the ps2 one, i got mine for 8 bucks, just buy that
Good luck getting all of your buttons set up right on it :/

Especially the analog sticks
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
I ordered a converter this week on ebay.. it's for hooking up 2 PS2 controllers..
Mapping the buttons shouldn't be a problem.
I r Pirate!
my bro has this thing called PSX to USB its a little box with a playstation controller port and a usb cable you hook up in your usb port.
Quote by freedoms_stain
you either need a ps2 socket-usb converter or to buy a PS2 style controller made for USB.

Honestly I suggest getting an XBOX360 wired controller (connects via USB already) and using XBCD drivers.

It's the best way to use a pad on a PC

Im using one now with the headset microphone attachment. Works Wonderfully!
(especially skype calls)

And if you go into the configure gamepad options in most new pc games, it shows an xbox 360 controller with the same buttons.
I like the idea of a ps2 usb socket.

Also last night when I was quitting the game my screen went black and the music kept on going. I just hit ctrl+alt+delete thing, ended task then a window poped up saying that the driver wasn't working but now it's fixed. So I just went on now and th game screen isnt full screen and it's hurting my eyes lol How do I fix that?
is the overloading irony in the title something on purpose?
My Spanish Hearts
Why in the world would you want to use a PS2 controller instead of a mouse and keyboard for a FPS?! Blasphemy.

And of all controllers a PS2, with those terrible wobbly analog sticks. Worst controller design and some how it has managed to stay around for 3 iterations of the PS, I will never understand.