Hi, I'm pretty new, and I'm gonna buy a Yamaha Pacifica PAC112J in about a month.

But the thing I'm worried about is my amp/pedals.
I heard the Roland Cube's are great(as a practice amp), but which one should I get? (15,20,30X)

Also, if I buy a Roland Cube, would I need Distortion/Overdrive pedals?
If I do, which model should I get?
-Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
-Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion Pedal
-Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion Pedal

-Boss OD-3 Overdrive Pedal
-Boss OS-2 Overdrive Pedal
-Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive Pedal

PS:
-I play Japanese songs from L'Arc~en~Ciel
-I don't wanna spend too much money, I'm on a budget.
-I plan to play live in the future, so I'll probably need a pedal? (No I dont need the big amps, they're provided)
i got the 20 and its awsome but the 30 is pretty good

and for the pedals i dont think youll need since the 20 has like 7 channels and 6 of em are boss effects plus it has like 6 other effecs
I have a 30X and it has pretty much every effect you'll ever need. It's great for practice but you can't switch the effects off and on at will like you can with pedals. You won't need distortion if you get the 30X cause it has like 6 or so different amp models with distortion. The only additional effect you might want to get is a Wah-wah pedal and external wahs are more fun than auto-wahs anyways.
Gear:
Fender Deluxe American Strat HSS
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Fender Acoustic

Marshall DSL100 Head
Marshall 1960B Cab
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
Vox AC4TV Combo
These are cool amps, I had a microcube for a few months, and it was surprisingly good for its size and price.

You definitely shouldn't buy any pedals to go along with this - the whole point of these amps is an "all-in-one" solution to an amp. The tones aren't "perfect", but they're cool, a lot of fun to play with, and certainly good enough for your first couple years.

I know everyone on these boards hates Line6 Spiders, but I'd consider that new Spider Jam also, depending on the price.
I have the 20X n its great but i would suggest getting a boss footswitch just to mske things easier. I wanna get a boss Me-20 but they're like £130...
Buy elect the dead...
i got the 30x and it satisfy my needs. The r-fier channel is good enough (if u wan metal sounding distortion) so i doubt u need any effects. The footswitch might be effective though.
30 is the best out of the three. 15 has none of the effects the roland cubes are famed for, adn the 20 has less effects than the 30. So if you can afford it, go 30.

and also, dont get any pedals with the amp..it doesnt take pedals well and has all of the boss built pedals already built in inside. All you need is the cube channel switch footswitch.
i didn't know there was much difference between the 20 and the 30
Buy elect the dead...
Balthazar:

You're right to an extent, as i just found out, but the 20 doesn't seem to have a footswitch capability (might be wrong again)
Haha, the review was pretty cool.

But about the footswitch, I'm not sure what to buy and how do they work? o_O
Well, I'm now trying to decide whether to buy a 20X or 30X.

I don't need the extra effects on the 30X and I'm on a budget.
But would a 20X be loud enough in a small venue?
And if it isn't loud enough, would I have to buy pedals to use with the big amps?
The amps are provided by the venue but, obviously, has no effects.