how do i replace the battery in the compartment in the back
i opened it up and it doesn't seem to have any batteries just wires
thanks
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
What EMG's do you have? If you have the HZs or whatever they're called they are passive and don't need batteries.

If you have a battery, it should be easy to see if you opened it up...
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by acdclandon
i have lh-301's
passive?

there not even emgs then are they

/thread
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I just had a look and it doesn't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure they are
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
dam how hard would it be to replace them with emg 81/85, or 81/60
expensive?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
dam how hard would it be to replace them with emg 81/85, or 81/60
expensive?

well...seeing as you didn't even notice...i'd say you should keep your money because i'm guessing you'd be fine with them if you didn't know they weren't a 81/60 set
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Look up the prices, I don't know how much they cost over there

As far as how hard it would be, you have to replace the pots (volume and tone controls) and do some wiring. You may need a soldering iron, I'm not sure (never done it). Hopefully someone can give you a better response
Quote by Liberation
dude i know they weren't 81's/85's but it'd be awesome to have them
what if i bought the pickups and paid for labor
how expensive estimate?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
probably $300 for parts & labor.

but they're not gonna sound too different through your amp...
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
probably $300 for parts & labor.

but they're not gonna sound too different through your amp...

+1

Right on the money if you dont need any routing done fro the battery compartment...

$100 bucks a pickup and I usually charge $50 bucks per pickup for installation. I've installed them on more then one occasion and its actually pretty easy. Emg has a great layout and connections are a breeze.
Quote by acdclandon
dude i know they weren't 81's/85's but it'd be awesome to have them
what if i bought the pickups and paid for labor
how expensive estimate?

You obviously dont know what you are talking about, but let me help here. First mistake is that you didnt know what pickups you really have. Do your homework first before asking. Next, why would you like to have those EMG's? Do you know what impact it will have on your sound. Do they match with your guitar? If you dont have a clue, dont invest in it.

You seem to have a low end LTD. I wouldnt put in EMG's, but look at a new/used guitar with better quality. Second, I dont think EMG's will improve your sound a lot with that MG amp. So get a decent tube amp first if you really want to use EMG's.