Hey all, my band just finished recording the first half of our first demo last night. I was wondering if some of you guys could take a look at it and tell me what you think.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tears-Of-A-Phoenix/10533215158

It is located at the bottom of the page and is the only song in the "Music Player". I am CJ and I wrote all guitar parts and composed all of the guitar melodies and most of the vocal melodies. Yes I know the beginning of the intro screwed up, but that's because the recording software had no countdown to start so I had to do whatever I could to get it in there...so forget about that first intro bit, I'm fixing that next time.

But what do you guys think? (Crit4Crit)
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Last edited by DefectedFromGod at Mar 1, 2008,
i think that overall it's really good, the intro riff is a little long though, and could use some bass or drums or something. and the vocals are a little loud. overall, nice work.
thanks...yeah we're not sure what to do about the intro, I love the first part but I'm thinking of talking to the band about cutting out the arpeggios after that.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
i think this song has potential however needs some refinement the vocals are way to ****ing loud - sounds like some ass hole yelling in my ear for no reason - so turn them down or turn everything else up... and wtf it just kinda ends, it may sound better or more in depth if it continued on for another verse at least. The intro has pontential also just needs some work however im not sure if i can call it an intro its like half the song!