I've got the neck on an ironing board, with an iron on it. The steam function doesn't work well on it, so I've got a pot of boiling water on the stove, and every few minutes I'm pouring some water from it onto the fretboard, then putting the iron on the wet part. I'm slowly working a knife through the joint. Pics will come in a bit.

For those who don't know, UPS broke it near the head, but under the fretboard, knocking the head off, and separating the first five frets of the fretboard off the neck. They then gave me so much **** about it that I've decided to just fix it myself and not worry about the money.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Is it working?

I used a wallpaper steamer!

This doesnt sound like it will be very easy with an iron and pot of water but I hope it does work for you though.

Alfie
it's actually working really well. I'm about 1/2 done.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

I forgot to tell you that I'm occasionally pouring boiling water between the neck and fretboard. I'm sure that has a powerful effect.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw

Here's early in the removal:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/Platypus_Vomit/IMG_0008-1.jpg

Here's later in the removal: (I noticed that the iron wasn't completely contacting the fretboard, so I turned it sideways and it contacted completely)
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/Platypus_Vomit/IMG_0010.jpg

Here's after I finished:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/Platypus_Vomit/IMG_0012-1.jpg

It turned out very nice! I didn't take any extra wood out of the fretboard or the neck. There's a little bit chipped out at the nut end of the fretboard, but that was chipped out when it broke. I think that's because the knife I used wasn't real sharp, so it served to spread the joint, rather than cut it. Now I just have to wait for the wood to dry, so I can glue the break.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw

Very well done....I will remember the way you did that if I ever need to do it in the future.

Cheers

Alfie