This guy claims to be the fastest picker there is, have you seen anything faster than this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Wbb8r8PUs
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
its too bad that thats probably the most useless thing ever
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
its too bad that thats probably the most useless thing ever

I wouldnt call it useless to have that kind of picking technique.
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
Quote by radiantmoon
This guy claims to be the fastest picker there is, have you seen anything faster than this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Wbb8r8PUs

Im not sure if I've seen anyone pick faster, but I've certainly heard people SOUND better.

I would be impressed if this guy could play something, and have it sound good. The ability to tremelo pick that fast is impressive in a purely novel way. This guy apparently can't take it any further than that. If he could apply that skill and actually play something... that might be impressive,
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Mar 1, 2008,
Quote by radiantmoon

well he is only doing it on 1 string. being able to pick notes really fast on 1 string really that helpful. i mean i can play pretty much all metallica rhythm parts and thats some pretty intense 1 string tremolo picking sometimes. being able to do that as fast as the guy doesnt really have a point. it would be kinda cool to show off to people like that though lol
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by fixationdarknes
The point wasn't that he is a master guitarist. He was just claiming to have a world record picking speed; that's all. I have seen it before, and I think it's kind of interesting.

yeah but isnt picking speed kind of meaningless if you cant apply it to more than just tremelo picking? I mean if he was play a melody, using multiple strings and playing that fast. That would be impressive.... and useful. otherwise.... who cares?
shred is gaudy music
Quote by GuitarMunky
yeah but isnt picking speed kind of meaningless if you cant apply it to more than just tremelo picking? I mean if he was play a melody, using multiple strings and playing that fast. That would be impressive.... and useful. otherwise.... who cares?

I already stated my point; you're completely ignoring what I said.

And quite frankly, I find a lot of "shred" guitarists out there quite pointless, so what makes this any different?
Quote by fixationdarknes
I already stated my point; you're completely ignoring what I said.

And quite frankly, I find a lot of "shred" guitarists out there quite pointless, so what makes this any different?

well I find alot of shred guitar playing to be pointless as well. Most of it though at least has some musical value ( and quite a bit of it has ALOT of musical value ) . Also, as tasteless as some shred can be, the techniques used are actually very applicable musically and add to the value of genre. What this guy is doing IMO is just a novelty. its far beneath shred musically and technically.

anyway, If you find it interesting there is nothing wrong with that. It is interesting to me, but not for the same reasons. I just find it interesting that anyone would be impressed by it.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Mar 1, 2008,
Watch his other videos. They suck very big balls. Guy's a terrible guitarist.
Quote by Avedas
Watch his other videos. They suck very big balls. Guy's a terrible guitarist.

I agree, he hasn't got much in the way of tone or accuracy. Also, his bends are often out of tune.
Call me Batman.
Quote by radiantmoon

He doesn't have good technique at all; he's just spazzing out his hand: watch when his finishes picking, he can't actually control his hand and it flies all over the place. Give it a few years and if he keeps doing that he'll have some serious muscle problems in that arm.

I'm not even sure that the fastest picking I've ever seen anyway, I think Rusty Cooley might be a faster picker anyway and he does it with notes and control not just spazzing his arm.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
That's disgustingly unmusical, it doesn't even sound cool.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
The point of this thread had nothing to do with his musical abilty,tone etc. I was impressed that someone could reach that speed. And a lot of guitar players on this forum sit at home with a metronome trying to get faster but as soon as they see a video with someone playing lightning fast, they say speed is useless.
Quote by GuitarMunky

anyway, If you find it interesting there is nothing wrong with that.

Yep, that's all I was saying. I never refuted anything else you said. And clearly that guitarist wasn't trying to brag that he's an insane guitarist; merely that he has a strange talent. Sure it may be "useless" but still unique nonetheless. So no harm no foul.
i wish i could make my guitar sound like a beehive..not
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
Quote by Ubertron
I honestly don't get how he can hit that speed without screwing up his hand!

I'm not worried about his hand, I'm worried about every other muscle in his arm; his hand will be fine.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.