i dont no but ill have a look
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Not really. They had a reputation for being poorly built and made of plywood. That said, if you could get a Kahler one really cheap, it would be worth it for the price of the trem alone. I would say almost $400 is absurd for one. And where does it say MIJ?
i have a Hondo H-1, its my main guitar, wouldnt trade it for ANYTHING.

from what i've heard, hondo is a lot like bc rich- its either total goods, or beginner beater guitar

ever since i got mine, i havent really played any of my others
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
I bought a Hondo while I was in LA. Good construction, honestly. Mine is a Late 70's Hondo double cutaway Lesa Paul copy with a 5-piece neck through construction. The neck is "striped", made of Maple/mahogany/maple/mahogany/maple. The body's "wings" are mahogany. Totally my next project guitar.

Pics of the Hondo? How does it play?
I've got a late 70s Hondo II LP copy. It's a really nice guitar. Made out of maple with a really nice alder top. It needs a refret but it's pretty well-made.

From what I've heard, the late 70s and early 80s were when good Hondos were built. Ones that were good value for money. I'd say, play it on every fret, inspect it thoroughly and if you like and it seems well built.. buy it.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
the late hondo's are ... really cheap budget guitars...
maybe nice for a beginner and if you can get one for really really really cheap but as said above...

they're mostly made out of plywood and just... not as good as it should be

though...
old hondo's could be worth a try
Sure, go right ahead
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
I have a Hondo bass that I got off a friend for free. It plays pretty nicely and can take a beating. Goes out of tune easily though...
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
I had a Hondo as my first electric guitar. A strat type and it had a Floyd Rose trem and was bought from a guitar store secondhand. It had some sort of custom paint job like a blue swirl type effect. I think it was red originally.

I loved it. Gave it to a friend in the end. He's probably still got it. Next time I see him I'm gonna ask the question.