anyone ever try any muscle relaxing medicines while practicing intensively?

ive been practicing on a metronome to improve my picking on the thin strings for a few hours now, and i have to keep stopping to let my fingers rest, because they start to tense when they become tired or sore. I dont have enough time in the day to keep stopping and starting. not to mention im usign pretty thick strings which are quite damaging to my fingers considering the tension it takes to hold them down, and the skin peeling.
If you dont find theory interesting, then DONT study it. IF your TRULY serious about playing guitar(enjoying), then EVENTUALLY you WILL WANT to study it.
Its better in the long run to warm up effectively before each practice session/gig/whatever and develop natural stamina regarding guitar instead of taking any artificial stuff I think
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
Marijuana
my gear lol:
a crappy cheap aria pro II
a patch chord that only werks when i jiggle it
and a pure static amp
Quote by Ichimaru
You can play Classical Gas after a year? I think we have a prodigy on our hands.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
Sweep picking after only 1 year of playing? O_o
Quote by blayzin420
Marijuana

thats more for creativity in my book.
If you dont find theory interesting, then DONT study it. IF your TRULY serious about playing guitar(enjoying), then EVENTUALLY you WILL WANT to study it.
Quote by Manjinken
thats more for creativity in my book.

That's true but the relaxing aspect of cannabis is unmistakable . Beats taking "hard" drugs like muscle relaxers or any other prescribed drug IMHO.

Chris
Drugs aren't going to help - your problem is lack of control and you only improve by practicing and concentrating.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
maybe you might need to slow down a bit because you arnt ready to play as fast as your trying to now.
Quote by Manjinken
anyone ever try any muscle relaxing medicines while practicing intensively?

ive been practicing on a metronome to improve my picking on the thin strings for a few hours now, and i have to keep stopping to let my fingers rest, because they start to tense when they become tired or sore. I dont have enough time in the day to keep stopping and starting. not to mention im usign pretty thick strings which are quite damaging to my fingers considering the tension it takes to hold them down, and the skin peeling.

You practice for a few hours then basically complain about your fingers being tired? Dude, it happens, just stop playing for a while; if you've got time for a few hours practice you can sit around and do something else for half an hour or so and do nothing, god damn...

About the skin peeling: calluses will form, just have patience.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Whenever my fingers get tired from playing on the thin strings, I just move to the thick strings. When I get tired of the thick strings, I play all of them. I haven't gotten tired of that, but if I do, I might kill myself.

And if your fingers peel, you should just light a match and light your fingertips on fire. It forms calluses, trust me.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You practice for a few hours then basically complain about your fingers being tired? Dude, it happens, just stop playing for a while; if you've got time for a few hours practice you can sit around and do something else for half an hour or so and do nothing, god damn...

About the skin peeling: calluses will form, just have patience.

actually jackass. Im trying to avoiding aquiring joint or muscle problems. Your not supposed to keep playing if your finger muscles or joints pain you. I STILL continue playing anyway because im not a bitch, but as of now im trying to keep my fingers in good shape without damaging them.

And apparantly you have alot more time on your hands than me, i dont really have 6hours a day to practice, keep stopping and starting and whacking off to let my fingers rest.

Guess i will rely on old Mary Jane. relaxes my fingers, and helps my creativity flow.
Quote by Manjinken
actually jackass. .... blah, blah, blah

Hilarious. You're the one who wants to take drugs and he's the jackass?

Dip****.
yeah maybe try smoking some weed, although i found when i first started, i couldnt play for **** if i was stoned, now, playing guitar stoned is the most awesome thing i can do. It is pure heaven
Quote by Le Sage
Hilarious. You're the one who wants to take drugs and he's the jackass?

Dip****.

what are you five? Drugs are for dummies! Muscle relaxers hardly constitute as "DRUGS" unless your 16 years old popping them in the back of class. For the rest of the world they are prescribed or sold to help keep maintain your body.

Im not looking into popping pills every time i practice, but I am tryign to ask if anyone has ever had any positive experience with any time of muscle relaxing or similar product for when my fingers become unresponsively tense, DUE TO THE FACT I DO NOT HAVE 8 HOURS OF FREE TIME A DAY to practice as slowly as i should or to keep stopping and starting to let my fingers loosen up. I do my finger warm ups and massage, then turn on my metronome and go to work. then i have my life before and after this.

job, school, family, friends, girlfriend, other hobbies.