any one know the difference much between these two on a MIA strat? cant seem to find much info on U necks.Ty
Basically the U is a bit fatter than the C (imagine the letter C on its side, and see how its not as tall as the U).
ah gotcha, yeah i was alittle confused cause i own a U neck strat and it seems pretty thin of a neck.
yeah. v necks suck. uncomfortable as hell.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Quote by Archetype00
yeah. v necks suck. uncomfortable as hell.

I love the V neck. It's by far the most comfy neck I've played. The U profile is like a boat. I can never play a neck that big without cramping something.

The necks on the '54 reissue Gibson Les Pauls are brutal too!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
ty for all your replies, it turns out i have a c-neck... no wonder it doesnt feel big to me lol.
Also consider that modern Strats (Mexican Standard, Deluxe, American Standard, American Deluxe...) have a thinner C-shape neck, while vintage (and vintage styled, like Classic and American Vintage series), have the classic thicker C, V or U-shape, depending on the year it's made/ based on.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby