I have been playing for almost 5 years and am a pretty experienced metal guitar player, but i've always appreciated the beautiful sound of an acoustic guitar and clean vocals, so i've decided to buy my first acoustic guitar.i will be selling some of my old guitars and amps so i should have about $300-$400 to spend, if possible i would like a acoustic electric so i could amplify it if needed. i really have no idea where to start because im not sure of what are good acoustic companies, if you guys could help me get started that would be great.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
anybody?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
I just purchased an Alvarez FD60 (acoustic electric) from musiciansfriend and am super pleased with it. It sounds great unplugged and I love having the ability to play it through my amp. I am beginner and don't have a lot of experience with really high end guitars but I will say this Alvarez sounds just as good to my ears as some high end martins and taylors that I have heard. It probably isn't as top notch but for 340$ I think it would be hard to beat. Not only that, as a beginner, you don't need something with the best sound, just something that plays well, sounds good, and projects well. In my book this guitar does all those really well!
~Nick
I don't have any experience with this guitar, but I've heard great things about Takamines. I've heard great things about all of them in general actually. I've been looking at this guitar for a while but no store near me has one. Hope this helps a little and good luck.
yeah my buddys friend has a takamine and he suggested one to me, i went to the store and tried one out and it wasnt that bad, but my Ibanez V SOLID TOP sounds actually really good. you would be surprised. its only $150 but mine was on sale so it will probably be like 200-300
Honestly, someone will say this to you eventually so I'll just do it now. The best thing to do would be to go try some out in the store and see which ones you like the most. Then if you can get a deal on the internet on the same guitar you liked, then go for it.
What about This one? it seems pretty nice for the money, and i like the look of it in the natural or black colors, how do deans compare to the rest?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by clincher09
Quote by SkateEmerica987
What about This one? it seems pretty nice for the money, and i like the look of it in the natural or black colors, how do deans compare to the rest?

They don't have solid tops. Don't buy them. Take a look at Takamine.
if you want electric-acoustic. spend $400. electronics usually take up almost $100 on the price, so you basically pay for about $300 worth of guitar and $100 of electronics.

check out Art & Lutherie. i have one. bought it for $420. sounds great and compares well to a few $600 guitars i've played. electric acoustic of course.

if you look at reviews lots of people tend to over react and say that their cheap $400 guitars sound better than $2000 guitars. that's just plain not true. you get what you pay for. it's the same with electric guitars. so yea... be aware if of that if you look at reviews.

brands to look for are... washburn, parkwood, takamine, art and lutherie.

brands to avoid in this price range because of suspect quality are... ibanez and ovation. These two are hit and miss brands. some guitars are good, some are horrible. US made ovations are good quality, but you need to dish out quite some money for american made.
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby