I will be buying my first acoustic guitar soon, and i was planning on getting an acoustic electric, do i HAVE to have a acoustic guitar amp? or can i use my peavey just to amplify the signal, i just dont want to destroy my amp.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Or since it's an acoustic guitar, you could just you know, play it acoustically.

It'll be fine. I wouldn't recommend using it on the high gain channel though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yes you can use it. The clean channel will be the only one that would sound good though.

I've seen numerous people use Fender Twin Reverb's for acoustic amplification.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
ok thanks, and yes i plan on playing it mostly acoustically but ya never know, i might feel like getting some tube sound out of it once in a while, thanks for the quick responses guys!
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by MESAexplorer
Yes you can use it. The clean channel will be the only one that would sound good though.

I've seen numerous people use Fender Twin Reverb's for acoustic amplification.

I'd like to hear it cranked.
Quote by sunnysayshi
I'd like to hear it cranked.

Fender Twin's don't distort too much when cranked. Not the master volume's at least. You can cut the gain down on them. It's mostly speaker distortion.

Still...I do see where you're coming from. As long as it isn't driving like a tubescreamer it should sound pretty normal and warm.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio