Ok so my drummer is thinking of getting new symbols because apparantly his are crap (they all sound the same to me )
so what would be the best brand of symbols to get because he has no clue and neither do i.
oh and money isnt really an issue

thanks

EDIT: apparantly he needs a Crash and a Ride or something
depends on what sound he wants

just tell him to go in the shop, and just test each cymbal out

ps: i suggest Sabian AAX Crashes and rides
Quote by glm
I love you for saying that.

after I said "if the Governator could do it; so can Mr. Colbert"

John Bonham's symbol

but actually, for cymbals, i would say Zildjian? my friend has a ride and a crash from the 60s that are worth a lot, and they're sitting in my basement right now collecting dust
Tell him to get some Paiste 2002's. theyre awesome, well worth the extra cost lol. Bonzo FTW!!!
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by strat335

John Bonham's symbol

but actually, for cymbals, i would say Zildjian? my friend has a ride and a crash from the 60s that are worth a lot, and they're sitting in my basement right now collecting dust

i'll give him a block of poop and 4 expired mini cheddars for 'em
Guitars
washburn x50 pro
jackson js30dk
epi lp 100
jt-res

Effects

zvex FF
digitech ex-7
bespeco volume pedal
boss sd-1
ehx double muff
marshall echohead
behringer cl9
korg mini kaoss pad

Amp
fender champion 300
zildjian (sp?)
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
MY drummer uses the paiste cymbals. I think he paid a lot for them but they sound awsome.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Zildjians I heard suck. They dent and wear out way too easily. Go Sabian. The drummer in my band says Sabians have never steered him wrong.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Personally, as a drummer, I HATE Sabian! I have played (and owned) 1 Sabian cymbal that has a good sound, my 16" AA Medium crash (which in a dream I demolished with one shot, it was weird as hell). If you are gigging and need good cymbals, get Zildjian A, K or Z Customs, Paiste Rudes or 2002's and as a last resort go with Sabian AA(X). I play all Paiste and Zildjian (except for the 16" crash, 12" splash(also Saibain) and Wuhan Chinas, cus they f'n pwn!)
Main Gear:
guitars;
Gibson LPJ
Squire CLASSIC VIBE Stratocaster 60's
PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone Sheraton II

amps;
Bugera 1990, 6260
Egnater Tweaker
woah! drbobgfx, you live in mt pleasant? I'm not even an hour away from you.

but my drummer and I joke around all the time because his dad gave him the really nice vintage cymbals i mentioned earlier, and we treat 'em like crap. they're A Customs, and they're AMAZING! I've been playing drums for about two or three years, but I'm not really knowledgeable about this stuff. All I know is that the cymbals in my basement are filthy, dusty, and old, but sound awesome. I also have a Paiste ride and a more recent Zildjian crash on my POS set.
I've got Zildjian ZHT pro cymbals - crash ride and china.

And I love them. But I've never played any other brand of cymbals, so....yeah.

Expensive though, I wouldn't pay full price for them unless I was a seriously rich seriously professional musician. But I got them with the kit for £400 so they were quite cheap.

Quote by ledhead67
Zildjians I heard suck. They dent and wear out way too easily. Go Sabian. The drummer in my band says Sabians have never steered him wrong.

Cymbals only dent if you play them with bad technique.

MY drummer swears by Sabian, and he is known for breaking cymbals, he says they last twice as long as any other ones he's tried.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The best thing to do would be to go and try them out...sometime you find these non branded cymbals that are just AMAZIN !!! Lol or you could go for ziljidan or paiste or sabian...but best hear them before you buy.
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Get some Paiste 5 series cymbals, they're great quality for the price they come at, and have an awesome sound IMO.
Zildjian K series is very very good
Sabian HHX is a personal fav, along with the Paragon series
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
I use Zildjian A customs but it really depends, I saw these wicked cymbals one time I think they were Dreams or something but I had no money the China was probably one of the best i'd ever heard
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
I have Zildjians and I like them
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Tell him to stay away from beginner and intermediate cymbals. Invest in some nice, used, pro-quality (Zildjian A/K's, Sabian AA(X)/HH(X), Paiste 2002) pies.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
-Zildian: Kustom K
-Sabian:AAX
-Paiste:Rude (Joey Jordison pro model)
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.