Just wondering cause tone is so subjective, and if you like what you hear what does it really matter what anyone else thinks.
because it's not fun to hear 'your tone/amp/guitar sucks !' when you spent loads of money to get a good tone.
because you might spend £1000+ to get the tone you want and then somebody, who usually owns a line 6 spider/marshall mg, will take the piss out of your proffesional tone. its just annoying
Quote by sunnysayshi
It's like me saying, your mum's kind of rubbish compared to your sister, at you.

Well, chances are...

Well it's pretty much a slap in the face when someone goes 'hey dude, your tone sucks lololol'

That's why people get bent out of shape over that stuff.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by 666hamish666
because you might spend £1000+ to get the tone you want and then somebody, who usually owns a line 6 spider/marshall mg, will take the piss out of your proffesional tone. its just annoying

thank you for insulting my dads amps. -_-
I have heard some of the worst tones in the world being a studio musician, but wow what a good engineer can do for a crappy sound.
People just get pissed because they all have crappy amps, so they just tell other people theirs suck to make themselves feel better.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by modernp
Just wondering cause tone is so subjective, and if you like what you hear what does it really matter what anyone else thinks.

your guitar and amp are rubbish.

there how did that feel?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
taking a shot at someone's tone is like taking a shot at them. They like what they're getting and then when someone says something about it you're shooting their enjoyment.

Nothing gets me more than when someone is like shred sucks though. I spend about 2-3 hours a day working on stuff I enjoy and some blues dick has to come on UG and be like shred isn't music, takes a piss on everything I work for...yeah...just not good.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Graet because I play thru a single 6 behringer with a squier I picked up at goodwill. Just kidding
Quote by modernp
That's precisely why people get bent when someone dis'es their choice of amp/fx. It's usually an unsolicited opinion coming from a position of ignorance dissing someone else's choices.
Its just the nature of people. No one wants to feel inferior and so someone telling you your tone is inferior is like saying you have no sense of tone therefore you yourself are inferior.
Which is dumb since tone is completely subjective.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
I don't care really. People aren't going to like everything they see or hear. If they can present themselves intelligently and say what they don't like, that's cool When they just say "itz crap" or "i dont like it" I just shrug it off.
I would say because it is their stuff and sometimes they may not have the money to get a good tone or are hurt when they are told they did something wrong and are completely abused by the fact of it.
I think it's also partly how you say it. If you say "Your tone sucks", the other guy might very well be insulted - but if you just say "I don't like your tone", that's not so bad.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by modernp
Graet because I play thru a single 6 behringer with a squier I picked up at goodwill. Just kidding

I play through a Behringer amp. Trying to say something?! I WILL END YOU!!!

Nah, just kidding.

...about the amp.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
If you're making music, other people have to like the tone or they're not going to want to listen to it.
One of the few forums that no one has started yelling at each other yet. I accomplished what I was trying to do. Thanks
Knew it was coming.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Same thing with cars. People tend to identify too closely with their favorite equipment. When I first got on UG I would get aggravated. Doesn't bother me anymore, I just want players to get the best gear they can afford.
The old saying "Everyone's got an opinion just like everyone has an a**h***."
I don't really care. I only take opinions from people who have heard me play in person. And even then, take it with a grain of salt.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
I don't really care. I only take opinions from people who have heard me play in person. And even then, take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah thats about the way I look at it also
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic