Ok i have been looking and looking and looking for a distortion pedal (i have overdrive taken care of). I though i found it when i bought my ibanez tube king but it gets extremly muddy when i play with the bass past 5 (more than it should) and the distortion is really loose

Basically i'm looking for a pedal/pedals that can do hard rock and metal like megadeth, dio, guns n' roses, iron maiden, metallica, ozzy osbourne, quiet riot, skid row, twisted sister, and scorpions

I have a moded rg370, a classic 30, a fab chorus, a tubescreamer, and a tube king (which will most likely be returned)

The two pedals i'm looking at are a BYOC shredmaster or a MXR distortion+ but no stores near me stock the distortion+ and the shremaster is a kit, does anyone have any experience with these pedals and if they would be what i'm looking for

Edit: My budget would be around $200 for all the pedals but i could stretch it maybe 10 or 20 more if i had to
Last edited by Dance_of_Death at Mar 1, 2008,
budget?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
^ i checked that out online, it says its voiced like a high gain british amp which is kind of what i'm looking for, how does is sound (tight/loose distortion, amount of gain, ability to handle low gain stuff, is it digital sounding)?
Quote by Dance_of_Death
Ok i have been looking and looking and looking for a distortion pedal (i have overdrive taken care of). I though i found it when i bought my ibanez tube king but it gets extremly muddy when i play with the bass past 5 (more than it should) and the distortion is really loose

Basically i'm looking for a pedal/pedals that can do hard rock and metal like megadeth, dio, guns n' roses, iron maiden, metallica, ozzy osbourne, quiet riot, skid row, twisted sister, and scorpions

I have a moded rg370, a classic 30, a fab chorus, a tubescreamer, and a tube king (which will most likely be returned)

The two pedals i'm looking at are a BYOC shredmaster or a MXR distortion+ but no stores near me stock the distortion+ and the shremaster is a kit, does anyone have any experience with these pedals and if they would be what i'm looking for

Edit: My budget would be around $200 for all the pedals but i could stretch it maybe 10 or 20 more if i had to

I have the Distortion + i modified that would fit your needs nicely and it's modded to be used as a distotion pedal or overdrive pedal... wink wink
The mi is cool the bass response is great, every note is there, its not a low gain pedal plenty of snort. Really like mine for the over the top stuff.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Have you considered a change of speaker? My amp was muddy as hell before I replaced the speaker, now it's tight as a (insert your own dirty metaphor here).
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
Have you considered a change of speaker? My amp was muddy as hell before I replaced the speaker, now it's tight as a (insert your own dirty metaphor here).

8 year old's rectum?
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by modernp
The mi is cool the bass response is great, every note is there, its not a low gain pedal plenty of snort. Really like mine for the over the top stuff.

I listen to a lot of 80's glam metal and i really like thier tone, do you think i could get something similar to that from this pedal? Or would it be for heavier stuff?

Quote by STABxYOU

Well the bass response is true for every amp i use with this pedal, but i heard the classic 30 excels with a speaker change and i'm gunna need to spend the store credit i'm getting with the return of my pedal, what speaker would be good for this amp with good bass response?

Also, has anyone tried the BYOC shredmaster or a marshall shredmaster?