So my friends have been talking about pickups lately and I'm not sure about alot of the terms.

1 Calibrated pickups. What is the difference between calibrated and uncalibrated?

2 Spacing. Looking at a few places like Bareknuckles you can get them at 50 and 53mm. Where is it, and what difference does it make?

3 Conductor. What is it? And what is the difference between eg. 4 and Braided 2?

4 Legs. I'm guessing this is how high up they are. Correct?
Last edited by Harry- at Mar 1, 2008,
Guitars with temolos, like Floyds and even regular vintage-style trems have wider string spacing. So, in order for the strings to be over the pole pieces, you need the wider spaceing(53mm or F-Spaced). $-conductor pickups are used with push-pull pots or mini-switches for coil taps, phase reversals, and series/parallel wiring.
Quote by Harry-
So my friends have been talking about pickups lately and I'm not sure about alot of the terms.

1 Calibrated pickups. What is the difference between calibrated and uncalibrated?

2 Spacing. Looking at a few places like Bareknuckles you can get them at 50 and 53mm. Where is it, and what difference does it make?

3 Conductor. What is it? And what is the difference between eg. 4 and Braided 2?

4 Legs. I'm guessing this is how high up they are. Correct?

1. Im not sure. Bareknuckle has a FAQ's page.
2. Spacing is for what guitar you have, F spacing is for Fender style guitars and its slightly smaller than G spacing, which is for Gibson style.
3. THe difference is for wanting to do phase inverting and coil tap. Go 4 if you want to to that, Braided 2 if not.
4 Correct.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Calibrated- Set that are voiced so that they work well together and match. Like making the neck pickup of the same one have a lower output but keeping a similar sound.

Spacing- Only affects the bridge pickups, where on a trem guitar the strings are further appart so need wider pole spacing. All neck pickups are the 50mm spacing, as well as non-trem bridge pickups.

and listen to Dark raven about 3&4
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.