Hey,I got invited in a group called "Past Perfect" and I gladly accepted it cause I was looking for a band quit some time now.So they're pretty mainstream if you ask me (only negative thing about the band) it's a bit pop/rock and we are playing mainly covers but they also wrote some own songs.

They told I was the lead guitarist and I was very happy
So we are giving a show 15 March but they al ready did some shows before and are quit experienced
It is on the most popular clubs of my town and I don't have any experience in performing in front of a live audience and I'm really nervous and I'm affraid I'll screw up (especially in the solo's b/c I mainly improvise).

Can you guys give me some tips plz??
btw I play guitar for about 2 years now
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Quote by K!nj!
Hey,I got invited in a group called "Past Perfect" and I gladly accepted it cause I was looking for a band quit some time now.So they're pretty mainstream if you ask me (only negative thing about the band) it's a bit pop/rock and we are playing mainly covers but they also wrote some own songs.

They told I was the lead guitarist and I was very happy
So we are giving a show 15 March but they al ready did some shows before and are quit experienced
It is on the most popular clubs of my town and I don't have any experience in performing in front of a live audience and I'm really nervous and I'm affraid I'll screw up (especially in the solo's b/c I mainly improvise).

Can you guys give me some tips plz??
btw I play guitar for about 2 years now

Don't improvise solos live.
why not?? most solos i play live are improvised...i'd say go for it if u are confident in ur abilities...when ur rehearsing ur set, improvise and see if u can pinpoint some stuff to work off live....being able to improvise will enable u to give the song ur own flavour

Quote by SG_dave
Dude how old are you. The spelling in there is atrocious, or is it just laziness setting in?

Edit: ahh just checked your location. English is possibly not your first language, I apologise.

Who cares??

Ive only played to about 800 people at a gig so i cant really talk lol.

Plus, i always improvise solos :S
just practise your solos and stuff, instead of playing random songs when you practise at home, practise your set list and solos etc.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by SG_dave
Dude how old are you. The spelling in there is atrocious, or is it just laziness setting in?

Edit: ahh just checked your location. English is possibly not your first language, I apologise.

phail.
And I mean that in the best possible way.
Quote by SG_dave

ye language here is dutch,and i was in a hurry
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
ye well but I'm not used to write solo's down or learning them by hard(at least own solo's,I can play the solo's from all the covers)...tablature is like impossible and notes is a lot of work and I prolly need some help from my teacher then .
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Don't improvise solos live.

It's not taboo to improvise solos live
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by SG_dave
speeling.

not to be a dick, but irony?
i think i used the word wrong but its the closest word i could think of to describe that
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by SG_dave
I care. The internet is already a cesspit for the socially inept, that's why i'm here, but if we don't have people skills then we sure as hell need our proper grammar and speeling.

I actually agree. You raise a very good point.

Sorry for my questioning comment. lol
lolz pwned by hyroglyph!c
Quote by hyroglyph!c
It's not taboo to improvise solos live

But if it's his first big gig? He might want to have a general idea to consistently work with, rather than just wing it in front of tons of people.

And TS, just practice 24/7 till the show.
Who dat?
Quote by Anarion614
But if it's his first big gig? He might want to have a general idea to consistently work with, rather than just wing it in front of tons of people.

And TS, just practice 24/7 till the show.

ye,if improvising isn't such a good idea then what should I do? Make my own solo and learn it by hard???
I'm really confused
well, just improvise at home and remember some cool licks you made up at home and throw them in when you play live!
What's the big deal about not improvising live? I never play a solo the same way twice.

If you're looking for advice, just go and have fun. Don't even think about it, just let your performance naturally flow out. Try to have some stage presence, move around, headbang, whatever. Have fun with it, man!