Im in the process of recording a few songs. Im doing all the drums via addictive drums. Im having alot of trouble getting Good guitar parts in my songs. Everything is just too much. its kinda like when your writing a melody or something any you try too hard and it sucks.
does anyone have this problem?

should i try maybe starting my songs out on the keyboard and build my guitars off of that? or do all of the drums first and write over the drums?

suggestions?
Fender H Stratocaster USA.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk
Gibson Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater
Korg Pitchblack Tuner Ped

Fender Super Champ XD
why not start on the guitar? do what I do to write a riff: listen to the type of music you're in the mood for then write a riff in the same style. now I'm not saying go out of your way to make it sound the same but I mean write what you feel. you shouldn't have to write a riff it should just come out.
Quote by whatadrag
why not start on the guitar? do what I do to write a riff: listen to the type of music you're in the mood for then write a riff in the same style. now I'm not saying go out of your way to make it sound the same but I mean write what you feel. you shouldn't have to write a riff it should just come out.

yea that makes sense
and thats what i do alot.
its just seems recently everything is just too much.
and sucks

ive heard that its common to steal chord progressions and change the timing and such?
that might be nice
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater

Fender Super Champ XD
Quote by whatadrag
hmmm you seem to be in a rut. what kind of music do you write

well i used to do more punk rock type stuff. but over the past year or so im into more U2 type songs or even more like the goo goo dolls or something.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater

Fender Super Champ XD
so your into some softer rock... try listening to some harder stuff to widen the variety of genres you play. I'm not trying to be some Metal fanboy or anything but try incorporating more genres into what you play. some good songs to look into are:

Change-Deftones
Down in a hole-Alice in Chains (there is a powertab for the live unplugged version)
Thirteenth Step album-A Perfect Circle

just try getting into more music and it will be easier to write different stuff and you won't feel "burnt out." keep listening to the goo goo dolls and if you haven't heard Lifehouse you should.
Quote by whatadrag
so your into some softer rock... try listening to some harder stuff to widen the variety of genres you play. I'm not trying to be some Metal fanboy or anything but try incorporating more genres into what you play. some good songs to look into are:

Change-Deftones
Down in a hole-Alice in Chains (there is a powertab for the live unplugged version)
Thirteenth Step album-A Perfect Circle

just try getting into more music and it will be easier to write different stuff and you won't feel "burnt out." keep listening to the goo goo dolls and if you haven't heard Lifehouse you should.

thats a good idea.

i love lifehouse
they prolly define more of the sound im going for more.
and i do have some heavier stuff i have some foo fighter type songs aswell too.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater

Fender Super Champ XD