I'm thinking about saving up for a Ran Custom Shop Guitar. I just don't know if the guitar I see in my head will look bad in real life.

I'm not going to specify everything but stay with me.

-Randy Rhoads V shape
-yellow body
-yellow Jackson headstock
-black floyd rose, and tuners tuners
-black bevels
-slanted DiMarzio Humbucker
-straight hot rail neck pickup single coil
-24 frets
-bright maple fretboard
-black binding on headstock
-neck through
That wouldn't look too bad. Very 80's. I think it would be nice, actually. A rosewood fretboard would be more suitable, but if you like maple, go ahead.

It's your guitar. Who cares what people think? Some people buy Hello Kitty Squiers.
Quote by sashki
That wouldn't look too bad. Very 80's. I think it would be nice, actually. A rosewood fretboard would be more suitable, but if you like maple, go ahead.

It's your guitar. Who cares what people think? Some people buy Hello Kitty Squiers.

yeah but, I don't know if I will like it. and if I'm going to spend up to 1500 on it, I better LOVE it. It will take me a long time to save that much money, and I'll probably have to sell a lot of things. It also takes up to a year for them to deliver it to me.
With a straight humbucker at the brigde, and maybe a P-94 at the neck instead of a single coil, i think it would look cool. Maybe play around on kisekae, they have a Rhodes V on there, or on the jackson custom shop guitar builder thing.
i see you are trying for the 80's look. not my kind of thing, but if you really like it and take pride in it, go for it dude.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Do it, and post pics. Like sashki said, it'd be VERY 80's, but in an awesome way. I think a maple fretboard would work better than rosewood, too.
Quote by Tubyboulin
I Think that would look pretty friggen awesome.

Wow I was expecting more of a:

"I think that would look pretty god awful."
Quote by metal Lover
Wow I was expecting more of a:

"I think that would look pretty god awful."

Eddie van halen probably thought people would say that, too.

"Dude, so what do you think it'd look like if I took a cheap- ass guitar, ripped out the neck pickup, replaced the trem, and gave it red, black, and white stripes? Probably pretty gay- looking, right?"
wow I just made it on the Jackson custom virtual guitar maker, It's seriously exactly what I want. I have a feeling it will cost more than 1500 though. maybe 1500 pounds which is a lot more.

edit:how do I post a picture of the one that I made?
use ms paint or one of those online things that let you create your own guitar to see the final outcome
save the image to your comp, upload it to a hosting site, than get the url and wrap it in IMG tags.
Quote by natel0083
save the image to your comp, upload it to a hosting site, than get the url and wrap it in IMG tags.

It won't let me save the image.
Quote by metal Lover
It won't let me save the image.

Try hitting print screen then past it to like ms paint or something.
Quote by natel0083
Try hitting print screen then past it to like ms paint or something.

I'm hitting print screen and it's doing absolutely nothing.
Well its not going to do anything but it did.

Hit print screenshot, go into paint and paste (ctrl + v), then save it and upload it.
Quote by 3rd Eye
Well its not going to do anything but it did.

Hit print screenshot, go into paint and paste (ctrl + v), then save it and upload it.

thanks now it worked, it will be up in a second.
imo, i don't think the inlays on the fretboard go with the style of the guitar, can you change them?
Quote by natel0083
Sorry, couldn't get some of the other details in.

what prgram do u use to does pics? nanyways ido go with black body and yellow bevels BTS whats the price on the Jacks cutomshop
buy used parts on ebay, you could probably make/paint it yourself for a loooooooooot cheaper, plus you get the satisfaction of making it yourself.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"

There you go. I think it looks sick. Except the Jackson logo would look better on the headstock in my opinion.
It would look great. Very 80s. That's good. Very good.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by devit
what prgram do u use to does pics? nanyways ido go with black body and yellow bevels BTS whats the price on the Jacks cutomshop

what prgram do u use god dammit
never heard of Ran guitars, nor would I really ever consider getting one....

but I do like the design though Id like it better as a jackson custom shop
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by metal Lover
yeah but, I don't know if I will like it. and if I'm going to spend up to 1500 on it, I better LOVE it. It will take me a long time to save that much money, and I'll probably have to sell a lot of things. It also takes up to a year for them to deliver it to me.

that weird kisuke guitar generater can generate a randy rhoads style V i think so make it in there and see if ya like it O-o?
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Quote by 3rd Eye

There you go. I think it looks sick. Except the Jackson logo would look better on the headstock in my opinion.

link to regular website?
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Quote by metal Lover
I'm thinking about saving up for a Ran Custom Shop Guitar. I just don't know if the guitar I see in my head will look bad in real life.

I'm not going to specify everything but stay with me.

-Randy Rhoads V shape
-yellow body
-yellow Jackson headstock
-black floyd rose, and tuners tuners
-black bevels
-slanted DiMarzio Humbucker
-straight hot rail neck pickup single coil
-24 frets
-bright maple fretboard
-black binding on headstock
-neck through

have you ever heard of a band called Stryper?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI8ylsHKIMg

yeah, better learn how to put on eye-liner