Not meant to be a VS thread, I'm just wondering.

I really like Marshall tone I hear on albums, and the tone my teacher gets out of them, but I've only seen ONE youtube video where anyone gets what I'd consider good tone out of a Marshall. I've seen plenty of Orange demo's with great tone.

I've heard orange beats marshall at having marshall tone, can anyone show me a video with good marshall tone? I'm starting to lean towards an Orange amp, even though I think they're really ugly.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Try them out and see if you can get a good tone out of either.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
"Marshall tone" generally refers to the sound of a cranked JCM-800 or Plexi, and you'll get far closer to that sound with an Orange amp than with any modern Marshall.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Go for orange they rock,the rockerverb get's you an oldschool rock to chunky muffs and dazziling cleans (orange is the master of tha cleans )
Marshall isn't really my thing
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Quote by K!nj!
Go for orange they rock,the rockerverb get's you an oldschool rock to chunky muffs and dazziling cleans (orange is the master of tha cleans )
Marshall isn't really my thing

no
I have an orange, and they are NOT the master of the cleans. Fender = master of cleans.
Orange is incredible, but don't buy an orange amp for its cleans. But it for it's awesome overdrive and crunchy tone.
Overall, I think THE BEST marshall amp will be better than THE BEST orange amp, but there will be a difference of about $30000. Therefore, for the price, orange will drown marshall in a sea of pwnage.
Last edited by rush5757 at Mar 1, 2008,
I guess I'm asking if it's worth paying AT LEAST 500$ more for just the orange head, when I can get a JCM-800 combo for 600-800$
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712