ive only ever used combo amps, a mate of mine said that a head can be used on its own for ampage, whereas i always thought u needed a head and a cab, help me tell him he's a twat (i hope)
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
If it's a tube head, it will get damaged if you use it without a cabinet. Won't produce any sound.
You need speakers if you want sound.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
A head's speaker out must be connected to a speaker which is the "load" required by the output on the head.

A head of course will produce no sound when not connected to speakers but, if you do run your head without a speaker cab connected, it may produce smoke.
Lol, a 'head' is just a poweramp, rectifier and a preamp. No speakers.
Therefore, no sound.
And if it's a valve head and you turn it on then put a signal through it (i.e a guitar) with no load for the signal to go to...

*boom* Will be the sound your amp makes (not literally ) and the sound you make with the 'magic metal' in your hand after your nice new, expensive amp breaks
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by CaptainJack666
ive only ever used combo amps, a mate of mine said that a head can be used on its own for ampage, whereas i always thought u needed a head and a cab, help me tell him he's a twat (i hope)

I've seen a few of your other posts on UG. If your dialogues with your friend are anything like your posts here, he probably calls you a twat ... often. I can see how that might motivate you to return the favor.

Yes, you can call him a twat.
Not only for thinking a head could be used without a speaker cab, but also for using a ridiculous term like "ampage".

The reasons for you to be called a twat, would probably be far too numerous to list. But I'm sure your friend doesn't need any help with that.

Good luck,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.