hey all. i play a epi lp through a vox ad30vt, and at like jamming level, ie about 2/3 volume and up, i get a ridiculusly loud squell from the amp, when i use the bridge pickup, and also the middle selection on the 3way switch. even if i stand ont he otherside of the room it still happens. can anyone tell me what causes this? or how i can fix it?

thanks.
...how large is the room?

Have you tried reducing some of the treble/presence on the amp? Or Rolling off some of the highs on the guitar itself?
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
haha well i go as far as my cable is which is like 15-20ft. ill try rolling back the gain and some highs today at band practice..thanks for that
oh esp the gain. if you get lots of sound even when you gently stroke the strings you shold roll back the gain yea:p
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
what kind of squeel is it? like feedback from too much gain? other things interupting (radios, drills/fans other electronics)?
it really depends

you could try taking some of the gain/presents/ highs away...

i have a problem similar. but i think my pickups got messed up some how. on my Damien FR, it was great for a month or so and then it gets horrible feedback, out of nowhere. i dont mind it much. but i just want to know what happend.
UG's HIPPIE
It's the pickups. Cheap pickups and lots of times stock pickups will squeal like crazy at high gain and volume. The reason for this is because the copper windings are vibrating. It's called microphonics. I always had this problem with guitars (even my Gibson V) and never knew why. I read about EVH potting his pickups in paraffin wax to stop the bad feedback but never tried it because he said it was easy to ruin the pick up. I asked a guitar tech and he recommended Seymour Duncan pickups. Since then no more bad feedback at any volume.